30

"What?"

"Marry me."

"No, what?" His face looked upward awkwardly he was suddenly aware of the silence and millions of eyes bearing down on him.

"Will you marry me? I think the on-one-knee with a ring thing is obvious."

"No!"

"No what? not obvious or just no?"

"No!"

"Really?" he stood up and grasped my hands, "why not?"

"72 hours of a relationship an you want to get married?" I shock him off.

"Yeah," he said stupidly, shrugging his shoulders.

"No!" I stepped away from him.

"Please?" he said as if he was a child forgetting the magic word.

"No, no!"

"Babe," he stumbled forward.

"Why would you want to marry me?"

It looked round, even now the crowd was fidgeting awkwardly.

I saw Liam's face in the crowd.

He looked disappointed.

And Niall pushed through the people to get to the front and he broke into the empty circle that had grown around us in the centre of the dance floor.

"Why not?!" Louis shouted, "I thought you loved me..."

"This is crazy!" I threw my hands in the air and stormed off leaving Niall with Louis.

I went outside into the cold and began to cry.

"What a mess you've gotten yourself into!"

I began to walk down the road letting my drunken feet wander down the path.

There was the sound of feet tapping along the path and I could hear heaving of breath behind me.

But it wasn't Louis.

"I'm sorry about what happened before."

He stood behind me, I was frozen.

"I'm sorry that he did it like that," he stepped closer towards me to I could feel his breath on my neck.

"Um, and, I'm glad you said no."

His hand was on my waist he cheek against my ear and he pulled me into him into a warm embrace and as I turn to face Zayn I let my hands wrap tenderly around his neck before a kissed him.

His hands tightened around my back keeping me as close to him as he could.

I wanted him to kiss me.

But I couldn't let him.

"Zayn," I pulled away from his lips, he still held me close, "I can't do this."

"Why not?" he asked, "you like it right?"

"Yes, but," Zayn kissed me again but I pushed him off.

"Get off!"

"Why? I thought you liked me?"

"Ha!" I laughed, my legs wobbled, "all you boys think you're perfect that any girl would have you, well, here I am. the silent loner type who doesn't care about the boys in the band and yet they all fall for her!

And in the end she falls for one if them and they live happily ever after. Well I'm not your girl, I'm not Louis girl, I'm a student, I'm a nobody, and look at me," I pulled at my clothes, "I'm dressed like I'm going to an award ceremony but in reality I was going to drinks with my friends!"

"Lil," Zayn reached out his hand to me.

"No!" I shouted, "no, I'm not this girl, I'm the embarrassing weirdo who watched doctor who and doesn't drink and doesn't make out with her boyfriend's friend and I don't fall in love with a boy bands bad boy! I fall in love with pizza delivery guys who cheat on me with pretty blondes. I don't get the prince and I don't -"

Then I saw his face, he was crying, he was with the others. Louis had seen it all.

And, I want to say I stayed and apologized but the truth is...

I just walked off.

Down the street with his voice calling my name after me.

Louis tried to follow me.

I crossed the road.

"Lily wait!"

"No!" I turned back to him tears running down my face, standing on my own in the middle of the road, "no."

I turned to walk to the other side and then...

Blinding headlights.

A honking horn.

And Louis calling my name.

And the car hit me.