22

22

I just wanted to get back to the motel.

The thumping in my head still echoed from the concert. Bright colors flashed my eyes. The boys sat in the bar drinking. I didn't drink. I held a shaky glass of water in cupped hands and my head swayed dangerously on my shoulders. I felt heavy and limp.

Was I getting sick?

I couldn't be.

"Hey," whispered Zayn moving over next to me, away from the fuss and bother of the others to where I sat,

"You okay?" He gave me a fleeting smile and a reassuring pat on the back.

"I just feel," I paused for better word, "tierd," I smiled.

"Okay," Zayn grinned taking a seat next to me.

"What did you think?" He asked.

"Oh the show?" My eye brows raised. He nodded.

"Ehhhh, it's was," he gave me a worried glance before I had finished, "great, it's was fine," I pushed his chest playfully and he laughed.

He pulled up his sleeves and I got a good look at all of his tattoos.

"Yeah," he took a swig from his drink, "it was fun,it always is, the only think I hate is when it all gets out of control,"

He looked at his feet, "scares me, ya know?"

I thought about my recent experiences with the one direction fans.

"Oh yeah, I know!"

Zayn finished his drink and pulled out his packet of cigarettes and headed to the door.

An I followed him.

And out in the cold, protected by a bodyguard, he smiled and lit his cigarette. I watched him, breath in the smoke and blow it out slowly an steadily.

"Why'd you follow?" He asked.

"It was to noisy in there," I indicated back inside the bar. Zayn nodded.

"You want to..." He offered me the cigarette. I jumped back and shock my jean violently.

"No!"

He laughed, "okay, okay," he paused for another intake, it made me feel sick.

"I'm glad you got wound up in this mess," he said.

I paused for a moment.

Zayn was happy I was here.

"Me too," I muttered embarrassed.

"Hey," greeted Louis popping his head out the door.

"Hey!" Zayn and I chimed in unison.

Louis looked at us suspiciously.

"Let's talk about Liam."

* * *

Liam had a girlfriend. Her name was Daniele. They separated. It was brutal.

Louis over exaggerated. Zayn under exaggerated. And in the end the story was a confused bad fairy tale.

Liam had been dating Daniele for a couple of year and they were happy. Then the fame effected her.

It made her crazy. Anxious an on edge about every moment.

It hurt Liam to see her that way.

Then she left him.

When their story was over I stood still and nodded taking it in. Louis's arm around my waist. Zayn's cigarette smoke swirled in the cold winter air.

"Would you ever do that?" Louis asked breaking the silence.

"Yes." I said honestly.

"Oh," Louis commented disappointed, "I am sorry."

"What?" I asked.

"I'm sorry I've been neglecting you, I am just worried the same thing will happen to you as happened to Daniele."

I kissed his cheek, and his held me close.

"I love you," he whispered.

"Love you too."

And this time.

I meant it.