⁰⁰ ; prologue

𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐋𝐋 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐄𝐓 the aching pain you felt in your chest when you heard the news

     𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐋𝐋 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐄𝐓 the aching pain you felt in your chest when you heard the news. "Vaggie has fallen into sin... her wings have been removed and she now resides in hell, burning with other wretched souls," Lute had announced. All around you were murmurs and pitiful looks, which slowly tune out as you stared at Lute like a deer in headlights. A ringing sound flooded your ears until eventually it was all you could hear.

You were frozen stuck, you were alone. Your best friend, gone.

What are you to do now?

She was all you knew, you lived together.

How were you gonna adjust to such a loss, how-

With a gasp, you thrashed up into a sitting position in your bed. Sweat beads decorate your forehead as your [e/c] eyes remained wide. As your blurry vision focused on the wall in front of you, you took a final deep breath as you recognized your surroundings— your room.

It was that dream again, that memory. It had haunted you ever since it happened. God, you felt sick and you just woke up. You stretched your arms and wings before checking the time on the digital clock that sat on your bedside. Eight A.M....Oh shit. You were late for work! Quickly, you tossed the [color] bed covers off before rushing to your closet to pick an outfit for work.

Ten years ago, you would have never guessed the after life to be the way it was. There was still hunger and exhaustion and pain, even for angels. You were surprised you even became an angel, as you thought they were important and rare during your human years. Turns out, almost everyone has their very own wings!

You decided on a [color] top that would match with your [another color] bottom. Setting that aside, you rush to the bathroom to brush your teeth, settle on a decent hairstyle and quickly change into the outfit you picked earlier. As you maneuvered your wings to fit comfortably, you went around your room and house, grabbing various items you need— or might need — and shoving them into your work bag. When you were fully packed, you zoomed out of your home, your wings taking the route to the Seraphim's estate as fast as they could.

🝮

The building was in mere sight as your anxiety heightened. You already missed an hour of work, you hoped Sera would be forgiving. As you reached their gates, two angel guards crossed their angelic spears from either side. "Good morning, gentlemen," you say with a warm smile as you took your ID out to show that you work for the Seraphim.

     Without muttering even a word or flashing a smile, the guards straightened up and allowed you to float through the gate. As you approached the front entrance of the building, you took a deep breath and tried to fix your posture, giving the best formal stance you could give before pushing the heavy doors open.