¹⁸ ; the one, the only

It was early in the morning when you woke up

It was early in the morning when you woke up. Today, you decided to wake up earlier than usual for no particular reason. Usually when you wake up early without reason, you get a head start on cleaning the hotel that always ended up dirty in the end. Oh well, it saved Niffty some time.

Now changed out from your sleep clothes, you begin to head down to the familiar lobby. You were surprised to see... Charlie, writing on a board and sticking post notes everywhere. The poor girl seemed to have eye bags and blood shot eyes. Has she not slept at all?

She was muttering to herself as she repositioned some papers. "Um, Charlie?" you called out as you descended down the stairs case. She turned to you sharply, seemingly on edge. "[Y/N]! Hi, hello!! How did you sleep?"

You shift a bit uncomfortably. "Um... I slept well. Whatcha, uh, whatcha doin' there?"

"Just... trying to figure out this whole redemption thing. We only have so much time... before the exorcists come and kill more of my people," she said as she turned back to the boards, a manic giggles slipping from her.

With a sigh, you walk up to her. "Charlie, I know you're worried about this whole thing and it's understandable. But, you don't look too well... please, take a break when you can," you say before you look at the multiple snack wrappers and bottles of water on the coffee table. She really was here all night.

The blonde princess, now embarrassed as you began picking up after her, only nodded and sighed. "Thank you, [Y/N]."

And with that, you began cleaning the hotel. Starting with the trash, then mopping, then spraying. An hour had passed as you made small conversation with Charlie here and there to keep the demon sane. In the middle of a talk with her, you felt your phone buzz in your pocket. Someone was calling you. This early in the morning?

Excusing yourself from the conversation, you walk off to a more secluded spot before taking out your phone. Velvette, a pleasant surprise. You pick up.

"Vel, hello!"
"There's my favorite angel. Did I wake you up?"

You smile. "Not at all." Lately, you've been talking to her more often. She's become a good friend, and the only Vee you really talk to. Vox talks to you every so often with updates on your meeting with Carmilla. Apparently, she's a hard woman to get a hold of. "Do you need something?"

"Well, I know you've been looking for a job here lately and found no luck with your... angelic background, but! I have good news~" she sang out, her accent prominent. "My model just walked out on me, that cunt, so now I'm looking for a new one. Sounds interesting to you, babe?"

You perk up. Was she asking you to be her model? With an enlightened expression, you replied: "Oh wow! Velvette, I-I don't know what to say—"

"Don't say anything and get your ass over here in 10," you heard her chuckle on the other side of the line. "And don't worry about the other two, I'll make sure they won't bother you. Kisses, darling."