¹⁴ ; silence

Cw: mention of sexual abuse and extreme violence

Cw: mention of sexual abuse and extreme violence. these topics are mentioned in Y/N 's back story, so if you don't want to read any disturbing contents like the ones mentioned, you can stop reading at "10 years ago." stay safe, i love you !

     Charlie finished lecturing Husk about his words, how he's been acting lately. You and him were getting along so nicely, why now does he decide to be an asshole?

     The blonde found herself outside the hotel, looking for a pair of angel wings anywhere. You can't have gone far, right?

     From the roof, you observed the princess with a pondering look, your eyes puffy from sobbing and hair strands stuck to your face from the wetness of your tears. "Up here," you call out, your voice hoarse, but loud enough for Charlie to hear as she looked up at you. "[Y/N]!" she exclaimed, relieved.

     Though, your usual spirit wasn't there. No smile, no wave, nothing. Her relieved expression turned into a melancholy one. "Can we please talk?"

     "Sure," you say flatly as you continued to stay say on the rough material of the roof. When neither of you did or said anything, she spoke again: "It would be easier if you came down here." Her tone was gentle and patient. It was funny, the more you got to know about the girl, the more angelic she seemed to you. Not physically, definitely personality wise.

     After contemplating on what to say or do next for a bit, you stood up and unfolded your wings, your left one still slightly hurting from being under Valentino's grasp. You jumped down, scaring Charlie because you didn't flap your wings until the last minute as you landed in front of her.

     "Don't listen to Husk, okay?" She said with a sigh. "He's just a grouch. We all know you care for Angel, and you caring so much after knowing him for so little proves just how pure your heart is," she continued as she grabbed your hands into hers, pulling it close to her.
     This made your lips slowly twitch up to a smile. Just a little bit.

     "And... I need your help. I'm going to Valentino's to try to convince him to give Angel more time at the hotel. Maybe you could try convincing Angel to comply? He seems fond of you, you know," she says with an innocent smile.

     Your eyes widen. Going back to Valentino? Willingly? "Um. Charlie, it's great you want to help Angel Dust and all but..." you looked to the side. "People like him—Valentino... they are not so easily convinced. I've spent a day with him and he isn't pleasant."

     "But I am the princess of Hell, [Y/N]," she argued playfully with a smirk. "Surely he wouldn't say no or even try anything, right?"

     You looked back at her in shock. Sometimes you even forget she's princess of ALL of hell. She never pushes that power, ever. "I... guess you're right," you mumble. "But, I think I've seen Val enough for one day. I'll sit this one out."