²⁰ ; excruciating

THUD THUD THUD— Quickly, you scoop Niffty up into your arms and to the main entrance to see a portal from the top of the hotel open

THUD THUD THUD— Quickly, you scoop Niffty up into your arms and to the main entrance to see a portal from the top of the hotel open. Out of it steps Vaggie, Charlie and then Lucifer. Mimzy was cowering on the floor in front of the bar.

"Que carajo?!" Vaggie angrily spat out as she walked around before Charlie asked the quivering demon on the floor— "What's going on?"

Mimzy gave her a guilty smile as she spoke. "I mayyy be in trouble with some loan shark's I may or may not have borrowed fifty grand from— eep!" she scrambles behind the bar next to Husk. Vaggie's piercing gaze snapped to her.

"And I may have also stolen a car... and crashed it... into a loan shark's girlfriend. BUT THAT BITCH HAD IT COMING!" Everyone looked at her with disappointment. You knew something was off about that gal. Suddenly, fireballs burst through the window and walls. Everyone began panicking and tried to avoid as more came.

You included. Niffty screamed, distraught as she wiggled out of your grip. "My windows!" and then she ran off. "Niff, wait!" you spread your wings, ready to fly to grab the small demon, but was cut off by a fireball missing your face by inches.

"AH! We're under siege! Take cover!" Pentious screamed as he dropped the tray of cookies you both made and slithered away. All around you were panicked shouting. You fly around, chasing Niffty down but every time you nearly catch her, she zooms away. She runs between Lucifer and Charlie— Lucifer nonchalant about the situation and Charlie panicking. It seemed like they were arguing.

You decide to fly over them, still going after Niffty. Finally, she stopped to grab pieces of glass. Luckily, Pentious was gonna grab Niffty since he was closer—"Niffty, come along!" Just in time, he moved both of them away from falling rubble. Vaggie had her spear out and was about to tell everyone to get to a safe distance. That was until you saw an incoming fireball heading straight towards the three of them.

Without thinking, you flew into them, pushing everyone out of the way with a hard grunt. Everyone scattered in different places, but then you noticed yet another fireball headed right towards Niffty's dazed body. Shit, she was not gonna get up in time, and you weren't gonna grab her in time. But maybe...

Your wings spread once again as you acted fast— you pushed yourself as hard as you can forwards and grabbed Niffty close to you, just in time for the fireball to hit your back— your wings.

With an excruciating scream, everyone turns to you in horror. The fire caught your once beautiful feathers on fire, and the ball that the fire was attached to tore your left wing slightly off your back, it now hanging gruesomely as your golden blood spilled out. "FUCK-!" you scream, breathing in through your teeth. Your whole body was trembling, Niffty looked up in shock. "[Y-Y/N]?"