²⁷ ; healing

CHARLIE AND THE OTHERS explain to you the situation at hand— that because the hotel was the first target, they had to prepare with the cannibals

CHARLIE AND THE OTHERS explain to you the situation at hand— that because the hotel was the first target, they had to prepare with the cannibals. They found out that Carmilla was indeed the one who killed an angel, and her secret to kill even more— angelic weapons.

Originally, Charlie wanted you to see if you could reside with the Vee's during extermination day so you wouldn't have to be in the middle of a battle. It could also be a hideout from Adam so his twisted self wouldn't basically kidnap you. Despite how tempting the idea was, you refused— for one, there was supposedly an aggressive stranger who's possibly there. And then there's the fact you still wanted to help fight.

With the way your back has been healing and feeling after just 2 days, by a month you were confident you could have enough time to heal completely and train for the battle in the nearby future. Now, you were able to sit up, even beginning to stand with the help of Vaggie. Throughout your physical therapy, she has helped you through the steps of getting back on your feet. She has told stories about how it was difficult for her to bring herself up, how the loss of wings fucked up her physical and mental health.

However, she learned to adapt, and so could you.

Today was the day you try to walk down the stairs. Vaggie and Charlie hold both your arms, holding you up as you stood at the top of the stairs. Down in the lobby, you see both new and familiar faces. There were sinners with hollow eyes and wide grins— cannibals you assumed. You see them going in and out through the main entrance. When the doors open, you see some training with angelic weapons.

Your attention was brought back to the task at hand— taking a step down. Slowly, you reach your leg down to the step in front of you. When Charlie and Vaggie got the all good signal from you, they loosened their grip, letting your weight go onto your foot on the step. The pain was slight, but very much there.

With the rest of the many stairs, you three did the same until you reached the bottom. Charlie clapped happily. "You did great, [Y/N]!" she exclaimed with a giggle. Vaggie smiled as she helped you to the couch. As you sit, she sat next to you. "You made so much progress in so little time. It's impressive, even with Lucifer's magic."

"Thank you, guys. Not only for helping me but for being so patient," you chuckle nervously before two more sinners approach you— Angel Dust and Husk.

"Hey, toots. Good job in makin' it down here," Angel started, giving you a quick and gentle squeeze to avoid hurting your back.
"Thanks. How's training going for you both?"

Husk grinned. "Going great. Can't believe I'm saying this but we might stand a chance against those winged freaks. No offense."