¹⁷ ; two birds on a wire

A few weeks have passed since that night

     A few weeks have passed since that night. Now, you were out with Angel, shopping for stuff for your room. He recently got paid, and he wanted to help you do a room makeover. Since you told him and the others you're stay was extended the day after the whole shark gang fiasco, he thought you might as well decorate your room. Maybe you could bring some souvenirs back to heaven.

     He told you to just pick out whatever. Gosh, you felt bad. Yes, you knew he had the money, but whenever you go out you had others pay for you. There were few times you were given allowance from Charlie. You basically worked for her, but even with your arrival, no one dared to take a shot at redemption. A shame you can barely hold your part of the deal with her. She was still nice enough to let you stay, of course.

     Maybe you should get an actual job? But where?

     You walk amongst the isles, Angel following while he pushed the cart already semi-filled with stuff you wanted. It was a bunch of [color] and [theme/aesthetic] decor. Along with stuff for yourself, you got personalized things for everyone at the hotel. There was one individual you were stuck on. Vaggie.

Throughout your stay, you only give each other glances, never really a full conversation. As much as you wish your conflicts could be seen as water under the bridge, there was still a lot unsaid to your old best friend. Maybe it was time to talk about it. And maybe getting her something was a good way to initiate it.

You scanned the whole area for something— anything that would be meaningful to her. Once your eyes laid upon a certain object, you knew you had to claim it. And so you did, putting it in the cart with the rest.

🝮

Angel, Pentious, Charlie and Vaggie helped with carrying the boxes and bags to your room that contained your new stuff. When they did, they all exited after you thanked them.

Then, you began to work. Starting with changing the covers of your bed, then adding the dividers in your vanity's drawer for your makeup, and so on.

It wasn't until you had to ensemble your bookshelf did you struggle. No matter how much times you tried reading the instructions, it just didn't seem right. You wasted so much nails and was ready to just give up at some point as you flop on the new [color] carpet, surrounded by the boards of the bookshelf.

It wasn't until you heard a knock at your door you sat up. "Come in," you call out, a little embarrassed by the mess.

The doorknob twisted and the door opened to reveal a familiar fallen angel with an X over her left eye. "Hey. Charlie wanted all of us to go downstairs to eat dinner while doing our lesson plan," she started before she saw the absolute mess that was your room. "...Do you need some help?"