⁰² ; an angel's soul

THE FLIGHT BACK WAS SILENT, less hopeful than the flight to the Vee's tower

THE FLIGHT BACK WAS SILENT, less hopeful than the flight to the Vee's tower. Defeated, [Y/N] landed in front of the hotel before opening the doors. The Morningstars were not in sight, but two more familiar faces were at the bar. Angel Dust sat on the barstool while Husk remained behind the bar. Both pairs of eyes flickered to [Y/N] as she entered and began walking towards them.

"[N/N], why aren't ya at work?" Angel asks with a raised eyebrow, watching as she sat on the stool next to him. For a moment, she remained quiet, keeping both of them in suspense as she thought of what to say. "Well..." she finally begins. "...Velvette called off today, so Vox just let me go home early."

It was half the truth, so she didn't feel bad. A small smile managed to form to show that she's alright, that it's nothing serious, despite it being absolutely serious. No one said anything, they only nodded. They both had a feeling the fallen angel was lying, but chose not to pry. "What a shame, I was lookin' forward to seeing you during my lunch, toots."

All three of them continue talking about whatever they could in the short time they had— Angel Dust had to go to his job. [Y/N] and Husk said goodbye to their spider friend as he walked out of the hotel. Husk began to take a glass cup out. "Your usual?"

The girl smiles warmly at him. It was a simple question, but it proved that they were forming a bond, that Husk knew her. "Yes please."

The cat nodded, immediately going to fill the cup up with her [favorite non-alcoholic drink.] After, he slides it over to her in silence, watching as the girl takes a refreshing sip. The two sat in a comfortable silence, that is until [Y/N] broke it. "So... you and Angel?"

Husk visibly tensed. "What about me and Angel?" His long, red eyebrow rose up in caution. She laughed teasingly in response as she folded her hands together innocently. "Are you both, you know..." she paused, looking around for dramatic effect. "...a thing?"

Obviously irritable now, Husk rolled his golden eyes. "God, you're like a middle schooler fishing for drama."

"You didn't answer my question, kit-kat."

"What— no, [Y/N], we aren't a thing," his voice was stern, insistent. This amused the girl. Truth being told, she found Angel's and Husk's interactions adorable. Ever since Angel and Husk confided in each other about their past, they have been giggles left and right. There was no way they weren't into each other.

"Wipe that stupid fuckin' grin off your face, I'm being serious."

Before she could reply with another snarky comment, the atmosphere suddenly dropped as Husk's eyes glanced over behind her. His fluffy ears begin to droop as a look of... dread washes over him. [Y/N] turns to see a familiar tall and red deer demon glooming over her— way closer than she would have liked.