¹⁵ ; apology

The story ended with you sniffling and wiping your tears with your hands

The story ended with you sniffling and wiping your tears with your hands. Pentious had his arm around your shoulder, he was comforting you throughout the tragic recalling of your death. "[Y/N] dear, what you did was very brave. That scoundrel got what he deserved," he hissed out the name, referring to your now dead ex-boyfriend.

You chuckled, looking up at him. "He did, didn't he?"

With a sigh, you sat up straight and looked at your tear stained clothes. "Gosh, I'm a mess. I am so sorry Pen."

He took your hands gently. "Don't apologizzzze, I am glad you got all of that out."

You both heard the hotel's doors slam open downstairs and familiar groaning. It was Angel.

You crawled out of Pentious' bed, carefully maneuvering over the sleeping egg bois. "Pentious, thank you so much for today, but I gotta check on Angel."

The serpent frowned, not wanting to let you go just yet. Of course, when you looked at him again he put up a smile to hide his disappointment. Before he knew it, you were in front of him again, your face extremely close to his. You pucker your lips and peck his cheek.

"Thanks again for letting me vent and for... this," you say, showing him the music box before you rushed out of the room.

Pentious' body was still processing what happened.

You... kissed him.
Yeah, it was on the cheek, but it didn't stop the snake from curling up and hugging a pillow, burying his hot face into it.

Slowly, he brought his hand to his cheek.

God. You definitely were an angel.

🝮

Over the railing, you saw Husk and Angel talking. It seemed... tense. Angel had a drink in his hand and chugged it. "Eugh, I said a strong one."

With a flap of your wings, you glided down in the lobby and walked over. "Angel, you're back," you say with a smile as you took a seat beside him. You were, of course, still ignoring Husk.

"Tell me somethin' I don't know, tits," Angel replied with a grin as he looked at you. However, you could tell he was... off. His eye bags were more prominent than usual. What happened?

And then you remembered: Charlie was supposed to have talked to him. You guessed it didn't work... he still was out. Gosh, you couldn't help but feel slightly guilty. Maybe you have helped her...

Speaking of her, you finally saw her watching silently from the couch. How long has she been there? And why did she seem... sad?

Husk's smooth voice put your silent questions to a halt. "Excuse me. Didn't realize this was a 'drinking to forget' kind of night." He was so sassy.