¹⁶ ; regret

With the mood more lighthearted, both you and Husk enter the bar some time after Angel to not make it obvious you were following him

With the mood more lighthearted, both you and Husk enter the bar some time after Angel to not make it obvious you were following him. You noticed the name of the structure, "The Black Dot." There weren't much people in the bar, but whoever was there, they were staring at you like you were naked.
You had to double check you weren't.

Then you remembered, the wings. With a flushed face, you kept your wings close to you as the area was small anyways.

A cactus demon bumped into both you and Husk, causing the latter to growl. Before he could complain any further, loud laughter was heard from a corner of the establishment. Loud familiar laughter. Both you and Husk look over to find the source of the laughter.

Yep, it was Angel.

He was sitting down at a little lounge area, surrounded by these shark demons who almost seemed to represent a mafia like group.

"I'm so fucked up!" you heard Angel exclaim as both you and Husk walk to the bar. Husk pulled out some bills and placed it on the counter. "Gimme a whiskey and whatever she wants."

The bartender faced you expectantly. "Um, I'll just have a [soft drink], thanks," you say with a smile. Husk looked over with a small grin. He hasn't forgotten the last time you had alcohol. Unfortunately, neither have you.

The bartender went to work and gave you your drink before pouring Husk his glass. "I meant the whole bottle, jackass," he swiped the bottle from one of the bartender's tentacles.

"Be nice," you hissed at Husk under your breath before you looked back at the bartender sweetly. "Thank you."

Husk rolled his eyes as you sipped your drink happily. The other demon on the other side of the bar counter only walked away, seemingly annoyed.

The two of you drank in silence as you listened to Angel's loud conversations with the large shark demons. "Haha! Yeah, so I said— 'you couldn't afford me in a million afterlives!' I got better options, right boys?" he took a sip of his drink.

The sharks around him start laughing to amuse Angel, one saying "You got that right!"

A snarl came from Husk, but you put a hand on his shoulder to calm him down. "Hey, remember what we're here for. Just to make sure he's okay."

He looked at you before taking another sip, calmed down.

"Hey baby, be a doll and bring me another one. Daddy's outta juice!" Angel called out to a shark while he held his now empty class cup. Said shark guy walked over to the bar next to you and Husk. He placed the glasses on the table, an unspoken agreement between him and the bartender. The tentacle guy poured the liquid into the two glasses.

Suddenly, the shark reached into his suit, bringing out a glass vial with a pink liquid in it. He popped it open and poured a little into one of the drinks. Your eyes widen.