14. Dan

--Phil's Pov--
I was walking down the long hallway with Megan the barista from Starbucks by my side. She was a close friend of Dan, R/N, and myself. Megan had a talent to calm people down. She helped R/N when she was upset. I saw the sign taped to the door stating: "Daniel Howell." Megan grasped my hand with tears in her eyes. "I think we should go in now." I said shakily. My hand shook as I touched the doorknob. I let go of Megan's warm hand and pushed the door open. Silence swept the room. No lights on. The TV was turned off. A nurse shuffled around the many wires and cords, setting different machines on and off. "Hello?" I said. "Come on in! You're Daniel's visitors correct?" The nurse said with a peppy tone. "Yes we are." Megan said. We walked in past the bathroom and past the kitchen sections of the room.

--Megan's Pov--

We looked over at Dan's bed. He looked horrible. There was blood on the left side of his face. He was deathly pale. The nurse explained he was unconscious but should be awake soon. Phil and I sat down in comfy chairs. We waited for an hour until lunch was delivered to Dan's room. We decided to go get lunch then come back. We walked down the hall to the elevator and clicked 1 for lobby. We walked out of the lobby and slipped and slid to Phil's car. We drove along a bumpy road to Chipotle. Phil ordered a quesadilla with cheese. I ordered a breakfast burrito. We took the takeout bag in the car and tried not to devour our food with the delicious scent tempting our tongues. We drove for five minutes to get to the hospital. We checked back in walked down the long hallway on the fourth floor and turned to the first door on our left. I opened the door seeing the TV on and the shades were drawn open. Phil and I laughed at what was on the television. Delia Smith's cooking channel. She was making her famous buttermilk pancakes. Phil smiled. They had cooked the pancakes before. We turned the corner in the room and saw Dan wide awake on laughing gas. " Why the hell would you get chipotle without me??" Dan giggled. I laughed. "Dan who am I?" I asked. "Are you my mom?" He laughed. "Yes you are I just know it." He was giggling loudly. I cracked up his face looked so innocent and pure. The sad thing is he doesn't know R/N is missing. "Who am I?" Phil asked. "My dad duh!" He rolled his eyes. "I guess we're married!" I chuckled. "Yeah. Only to him though!" He chuckled. "Dan how do you feel?" I asked. "Upset." He glared at me. I laughed. "Dan what's wrong." I chuckled. "Suck my apricot." Phil and I looked at each other and cracked up. "Dan why did you say that!" Phil laughed. "I feel like a potato." Dan laughed. I hugged Dan carefully but squeezed his arm. "Dan we have to go. We'll visit later okay?" I said sincerely. Phil placed his hand on my back and escorted me out of the room. I felt loved. Phil always liked me as friend. I never thought he'd like me more than a friend. Dan on the other hand is the type of person that puts his love deep down and doesn't show his love for someone. Dan is socially awkward. Phil is outgoing. I don't know why I am thinking of this now. I love Phil Lester.