18. Hold me Close

--R/N's Pov--

You woke up to the bright white lights shining on you like a million stars. You glanced around. As your eyes focused you saw Zoey and Alfie making out on the visitors chairs. "Are you literally trying to swallow her face?" You asked Alfie in a weak voice. Alfie and Zoey pulled back from each other and laughed. "Yes actually I'm quite hungry." Alfie laughed his voice hinting sarcasm. A nurse with pink butterflies on her blue scrubs walked into your room. "You're up!" She smiled. "Let me explain what is damaged." The nurse said seriously. You sat up slowly and relaxed against the millions of pillows propped up behind you. "You had a few stitches on your cheek and your left arm. You were knocked out for a few days but we got you hooked up to an IV." The nurse read off her clipboard. "Is Dan okay?" You asked worried about his health. "He's just fine." The nurse smiled. She walked out of the room and left a marked calendar on the wall. "Zoey? What does the red circle around the date mean?" You asked confused. "That's the day you come home." Zoey smiled. "I'm going to go back to sleep I'm very tired." You sighed sleepily. "We'll be here for an hour." Alfie replied cheerfully. You drifted off to sleep slowly then all at once. ( reference from TFIOS)

--TimeSkip brought to you by 😝--

You woke up. The lights were out and you saw the pink butterfly nurse next to you reading a magazine by a lamp near your bed. You asked the nurse. "Excuse me what time is it?" She looked up at the small clock on the wall. "11:00 pm" she sighed. "Thank you." You spoke into the silence as you drifted off back to a deep sleep.

--Dan's Pov--
I walked slowly and quietly into R/N's room. I saw her sleeping peacefully, safe, and cared for. I looked at the nurse mouthed hi and sat next to R/N. I took her warm hand. I rubbed the top of her hand with my thumb. I whispered to her. "I'm so sorry. I'm so so sorry." My tears splashed onto her stomach. I brushed a stray stand of H/C hair from her forehead behind her ear. I gently brushed my fingers against her bruised face. I placed her hand back onto her chest and walked back to my room.

--R/N's Pov--
You blinked Your E/C eyes open and saw a tray in front of you. You lifted the lid and saw steaming hot chocolate and peppermint cookies with a decorative plate. You forgot it was getting close to Christmas. It was very early in the morning. It was still dark outside. You sat up and looked over at the visitor chairs. You saw someone had brought you these but you didn't know who. The butterfly nurse was asleep in her chair. She looked so uncomfortable you thought. You grabbed a fuzzy blue blanket and wrapped it around her. You sat back down on the bed and laid back against the many pillows and thought about the crash. My thoughts were interrupted by the door slamming open.

--Dan's Pov--
I slammed the door open I hope I didn't scare her. I looked over and smiled at my best friend scared out of her mind. "Hey R/N!" I smiled. She spoke one question that shattered my heart. "Who are you?"