15. Phil

--Phil's Pov--

My loud alarm clock rang in my ears. I hit the off button on the side of the clock. I clicked the on button on my iPhone 6. The sunset wallpaper popped up on my screen. A iMessage from Megan popped up onto my screen. "Bring Flowers." I said. I put on my best tuxedo and bought a bouquet of roses.

--Time skip two hours later--

I drove my blue sedan behind the hearse. There was a long line of cars behind me. I parked my car and walked over to Megan. I could tell she was crying. I gave her a really big and long hug.

--Megan's Pov--
She was like a sister to me. Why didn't God take me instead. She was a beautiful girl. I hugged Phil long and squeezed him tight. Tears streamed down my face. I didn't want to let go. He didn't let go. He smelled of lavender and jasmine. I leaned my face against his chest. I backed out of his arms and gave him a sad smile. He returned the smile and led me to the service. I looked up at him. I knew he would help me through it.

--Time skip through the service--

"She was a good person." Phil said. "Why didn't Dan come?" I asked. "He couldn't bear to watch her get buried." Phil sighed. Life will be different without her." I sighed. "For you it will." Phil said. "Dan and I hardly know her." "I'll miss her." I sighed. "I will too."