23. Silence isn't always good

--Megan's Pov--
After a nice day at the mall with R/N and Phil we were on our way back to Phil's apartment. R/N's face is a very pale shade. She looks ill. "R/N are you okay?" I asked her quietly. She chose to sit shotgun next to Phil. She looked at Phil and he looked back at her with a sad smile. "I am not." She said turning around in her seat facing me. "Do you have a illness?" I asked shocked and scared. "Dan cheated on me with a blonde girl at the Youtuber party yesterday." R/N said seriously with tears rolling down her flushed cheeks. I leaned forward and gave her a hug. "I will beat the living shit out of him." I whispered. R/N giggled. "Not today or any day." She sighed. Phil parked the car in his parking spot. R/N hopped out and said "I am going to my apartment for a minute I'll meet you two in your apartment Phil." Phil nodded and opened the car door to let me out. Phil has been really nice to me lately. I think he is trying to impress me. I'll be really flirty with him just to mess with him. I smiled at Phil and I held out my hand for him to take. He smiled and took it in his slightly bigger hand. I leaned my head against his shoulder. We walked into the lobby and waited for the elevator. As soon as the doors of the elevator closed behind us Phil grabbed my waist and looked at me. He slammed his lips on mine. I lost how long we were in the elevator. The building has 26 floors. We went to the fourth floor. When the elevator reached four Phil pushed me against the wall of the elevator and pressed 26. When we reached the top Phil pulled away from me and smiled. Our lips met again until we reached the fourth floor for the second time. Phil dragged me out in the hall and looked at me with a adorable smirk.

--R/N's Pov--
You walked out of your apartment and walked next door. You looked up from your phone and saw Phil had pushed Megan against the wall across from his door. You walked quietly into his apartment and sat down on the gray couch. You put your phone down and wondered where Dan was. You stood up and looked around. You sat back down debating whether or not to look for Dan. You left your phone on the couch and walked to the stairs. You shakily walked up the stairs. Your steps are silent. You reached the top and walked by Phil's closed door room. You walked to the very well known room of Daniel Howell. You saw his door was cracked open. You peeked in silently. Dan was crying. Clearly sober he sat at his piano and played Y/F/S.
*your favorite song*
You held back tears. He missed you. You missed him. You snapped out of sympathy and turned to anger. You snuck down the steps and went to the front door. You walked out and saw Phil and Megan having a make out session. Megan looked at you. You stuck your finer in your mouth making a gagging noise. She giggled and turned away from you. You walked into your apartment and turned on the TV. You watched Netflix for a few hours then started to decide what you wanted for dinner.
--Phil's Pov--
After Megan left I walked in the apartment and sat down on Dan and I's couch. I heard Dan playing the piano. I hopped up and walked into his room. All of his lights were off and the curtains on his window are shut. He stopped playing and looked at me. "Dan I'm glad you've been playing the piano at least your doing something." "That song is R/N's favorite song." He said looking at the piano's keys. "Are you hungry?" I asked Dan. "I don't want to eat anymore." Dan sighed. I sat next to him on the piano bench. "Dan you have to eat." I said looking at his bloodshot eyes. "Just because you cheated on the love of your life doesn't mean you stop doing everything. Dan you have to move on!" "I can't." He replied. "Why not?" "I still love her." "DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID TO HER?" I yelled. "No I don't but why are you yelling?" He asked me scared. "SHE MISSED YOU. SHE LOVED YOU! YOU RUINED EVERYTHING YOU TWO HAD!" I stomped out of Dan's room.

--Dan's Pov--
Phil stomped back in my room and handed me R/N's phone. "Go over and apologize." He said angrily. I got up and changed. I pulled my black hoodie over my skull T- shirt. I shoved my phone into my back pants pocket. I grabbed R/N's phone and walked out the front door glaring at Phil. I walked next door and knocked on R/N's door. I heard the door open and she stood there. "What do you want." She said coldly. "You left your phone on the couch." I said. She took it from my hand. She was about to close the door. "Wait! I wanted to apologize. I'm so sorry. I don't deserve you and I know we can't date but do you want to be friends?" She stared at me for a minute. "Are you fucking kidding me Howell? Sorry isn't enough." She slammed the door shut.

--R/N's Pov--
What the hell is wrong with me? You thought. I just said no to Dan. I miss him. Anger took over me. Those thoughts kept replaying in your head. You sat on your couch and plugged earbuds in your phone. You listened to Jar of hearts on replay for an hour.

Author note- creepily Jar of hearts came on while I was typing this part.