Journey of A Champion Prologue

Scroll down for prologue

Description:

This is a Pokemon FanFic as you may have already guessed. It follows the adventures of Riley, a young girl who aims to the champion of Unova. The story occurs a year after the events of Pokemon Black/White and before the event of Black 2 and White 2.

Also, thanks to Hapuriainen of deviantart for giving me the inspiration for this story. She created the dress up game that features the characters on the cover fro my companion guide. I give credit to her for the art created that inspired this story and that is on the cover of my other Pokemon story.

Prologue

"Now is the time to come back! With the Hero gone there will be no one to stop us! Once we recover everything that has been lost and find what we need we'll be unstoppable." Ghetsis the leader of Team Plasma slammed his fist down on the table, shouting at the sages seated around him as if his voice would snap them out of their doubts.

Sage Gorm glanced at the others. Then, he spoke up. "Our mission. Our purpose. What is it now without N?"

"Our mission is the same as it has been, Sage Gorm, Pokemon liberation. But because our methods have proven ineffective in the past I propose a new approach." Ghetsis's voice rang out loudly in the expansive room.

"Interesting..." Zinzolin muttered. "And what is this new approach?"

"Direct contact! No more hiding in the shadows. The world know of us now. We should only retreat when absolutely necessary and dispose of all cowards who serve us! And..." Ghetsis paused dramatically, "We should find a new leader!" A low murmur swept across the room. Sage Rood sat in the back thinking deeply about what Ghetsis had said. A new leader. A new person to manipulate in order to start a revolution.

Suddenly, a wave of nausea hit him and he fell back in his chair. Images flashed through his mind and all he could do was let them come. No, not now. He thought desperately. Of all the times, a vision shouldn't be coming now! The grunts which had been standing at the doors ran to him and tried to pick him up from the ground. Sages rose from their seats startled. Rood's eyes became clouded and he heard his name being called, but was soon lost in the hazy stream of images entering his head: a championing hero in green followed by a noble Pokemon, a boy and girl screaming as a wraps around the Champion and she is taken from them, Ghetsis laughing with manic and then his ship in flames, the Team Plasma insignia being eaten by flames, the hero sprinting away as the ship exploded. Rood gasped and regained full consciousness.

"I understand," he said to himself and rose on wobbly legs and pointed his finger directly at the leader. His loyalties had been questionable since Team Plasma had been defeated; these visions had given him clarity. "You are wrong, Ghetsis. Team Plasma will never succeed. Not as long as the Champion lives." He said forcefully and ran from the room.