Chapter 3: Yune

They set off in the morning, heading straight towards Striaton City home of Cress, Chili, and Cilan. Riley hadn’t talked at all during the journey and Tomas hadn’t spoken a word either. Riley had been thinking about the old man. She had heard his name before when her mother was talking about gyms in different regions. Right now, to Riley it only mattered why he had done what he had done. Why would he give me an Electrike? Why does he have so much faith in me? How does he know who I am?

“ You’re quiet.” Tomas said casually, shattering Riley’s thoughts.

“ That’s what people do when they don’t want to talk,” said Riley in a ruder tone than she wanted.

“ That Electrike--” Tomas was cut off by Riley.

“ Was given to me by an old man named Wattson. I don’t know why, so fire away, all the questions you like. That’s all I know.”

Tomas frowned. “ I was just going to say that that Electrike and you will become really good companions. Just try and get along.”

“ Words of wisdom from Sensei Tomas. Thanks, but I think I can handle it. Anyways, why are you being so open?”

“ Huh?”

“ Come on, you know what I mean. When I first met you, you hated me. You made snide comments, tried to get away, and didn’t seem to want to see me ever again.”

“ I didn’t know you.” He responded.

“ You know me now.” Riley fired back quickly.

“ Can we stop having these heart-to-hearts? I’d rather not share feelings with someone like you.”

Riley was taken aback, but she simply answered, “ OK.” With that, they stopped talking and noticed the tops of blue and grey buildings in the distance. Almost there.

 ---------------------------

There were Pokemon trainers, breeders, connoisseurs, and people of all ages on the streets. Although there weren’t many people, for a small town girl like Riley it was slightly overwhelming. Striaton City: three stand together as one read a sign. The city was grand yet homey. They headed to the Pokemon center and rested their Pokemon before setting out again. Tomas led Riley to a path on the northeast side of Striaton City.

“ This is the Dreamyard. There are many strong trainers here so we can train.” Trainers were everywhere. They were battling Pokemon they had found in the trees and tall grass in the ruins of an old building.

“ Tomas!” A melodic voice yelled from somewhere beyond. Tomas whirled around and walked accusingly towards the voice. He confronted a girl smartly dressed in shades of blue and grey.

“ What are you doing here! I thought you were in Castelia City!” The girl looked offended.

“ That was 4 weeks ago. I thought you wanted to keep in touch so I came here.”

Tomas didn’t look the slightest bit happy to see her. “ I want you to leave now, Yune.” The girl, Yune, stepped back. It was evident that she didn’t know what to say.      “ Leave.” Tomas said, a note of finality in his voice.

“ I’m sorry, brother. I can’t. I didn’t only come here to see you. There’s something else and until that’s done I’m afraid I won’t leave.” Her words were delicate and not unkind, but determined. Tomas didn’t say anything else and Riley stood awkwardly to the side. This is Tomas’s sister? But they’re so different. She is so nice and cheerful and he’s silent and bitter. Yune seemed to notice her for the first time. “ Who are you?” She said sweetly.