Chapter 21: Fears

Riley took a shuddering breath and turned to look at Ghetsis just before he hit her. " I'm not scared of you!" She screamed and the man's hand came across her face. A red mark stood out on her tan cheek and she clenched her teeth together. The leader of Team Plasma's nails had scraped across her face as well, leaving her skin stinging.

" Zorua!" The dark type stood in the door growling and Ghetsis whirled around. HOW DARE YOU! The dark type thought and jumped at him. Zorua's eyes turned a fierce gold and he shot a beam of energy at Ghetsis, blasting him back into the metal wall at the back of the room. The Tricky Fox Pokemon landed steadily on the ground and snarled at the man. Riley looked at the Pokemon and then back at Ghetsis, who was knocked out cold. Her eyes widened and Zorua jumped onto the table. White streaks surrounded him on all sides and he rammed into the handcuffs.They broke and Riley pulled her arms away, finally free.

She looked up at the Zorua amazed and extremely thankful. Zorua? She took out her Pokedex and registered the Pokemon. A really strong Zorua too. The Tricky Fox grinned mischievously and a hint of recollection glinted in the trainer's eyes. " Are you the Zorua that we helped escape from Jaylinn's airship?" Riley asked in wonder. The dark type's grin widened. " And you've been following us ever since?"

" Zor!"

The trainer's face softened and she smiled. " Thanks." Riley looked back at Ghetsis. He was knocked out so easily. The only way he gets what he wants is by manipulating people and using brute force. She walked over to him and kneeled down. His eyepatch was cracked and Riley reached out to move it but her hand shook. No. She commanded herself and looked him over. Ghetsis's robe was partially unbuttoned and flung out around him. The leader's scepter had clattered to one of the corners and was laying harmlessly twelve feet away from him. I can't believe I was afraid of you. " You only have power because you use Pokemon like they're tools! You won't take away my Pokemon and I won't let you take Unova!" She yelled at the unconscious man, breathing heavily from her anger. " "Liberating" Pokemon was never your true goal. Your just a power-hungry thief!" Riley stared down at him and took a deep breath. " And I feel sorry for all the Pokemon and people that were tricked into working for you..." She turned away from the man and let her previously tense shoulders relax. " I'm not scared of you, Ghetsis." Not anymore...

Zorua looked up at the trainer with a firm gaze that quickly loosened into an impish grin. " Rua!" He howled and scampered out the door. The Tricky Fox turned around, waiting for Riley. " Zor. Zorua?" He asked, wondering what she was waiting for. The trainer nodded and followed after her.

They scanned the halls, looking for Team Plasma members, but they were empty. " People will come looking for Ghetsis." Riley murmured and glanced back in the room. She casually closed the door, but then remembered Tomas's hat. She scooped it up and placed it firmly on her head.

Back in the hallway, Zorua was sniffing the metal floor and glancing up in varying directions. The dark type scurried along with his nose on the floor and reached a point where the hall split in two. Riley ran over and looked both ways. Left or right? She narrowed her eyes and glanced down both ways. Left. Now she led the way, though Zorua was trailing at her side.

All the walls were metal and bright white lights were on the low ceiling at regular intervals. Occasionally there were doors along the hallway, but none were labeled and the only color, other than grey, was on the occasional Team Plasma symbols painted ceremoniously on the walls.

A ways down the hall, Zorua's pointed ears perked up and turned. The Tricky Fox suddenly became very alert and moved on careful, light feet. Riley put her hands by her ears, trying to hear whatever the Pokemon had heard. She caught murmured speech and looked down at Zorua. Large doors were open not far away and Riley could hear voices flowing out of it. " As soon as he tells us we can proceed." She walked closer, curious. The trainer went right beside the door and kneeled down, looking out from behind it. Grunts, officers, and generals were gathered in crowded group in a large room listening silently as an old man with neat white hair and a large purple outfit described their plans. " We will have everything we need and all our goals will finally be realized. "This," The man paused and held up a finger and looked around the room with a powerful stare, " Is our end-game and this," He paused once again and a flash of pink winked in the corner of Riley's eye, " Will be the end of this immoral region where Pokemon are slaves to their Pokeballs!" The people in the room cheered and thrust their fists in the air. " Plasma! Plasma! Plasma!"