Chapter 22: To the Sky

A/N I'm really sorry I haven't updated recently! I guess I'm just trying to get used to school. :P Anyways, here's the chapter! :D I hope you guys like it. Read, comment, and, please, VOTE! I really, really appreciated the feedback last week and I can't wait to see what you have to say for this one. Thank you all so much for supporting me!

THIS CHAPTER IS NOW EDITED!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Riley’s eyelids slowly opened and were immediately filled with bright, white light. The trainer groaned, turned her face to the side, and squinted. She put a hand up to shade her eyes from the brightness. “ Riley?” A voice said expectantly and the trainer put her hand  down and turned towards the source. A purple-haired girl sat with bright eyes and a smile stretching from ear to ear. “ Feeling better?”

Riley rubbed her head and yawned. She felt something cool on her skin and looked down. Blue paste was smeared over the cuts, bruises, and other wounds on her legs. Her pants had been rolled up and her jacket had been taken off. Riley put a hand to her face and felt the gel-like substance smeared there as well. A bandage was wrapped around her foot and some of her lower leg. “ I’m in the Pokemon Center.” Riley said aloud, wanting Sophie to confirm it. The breeder nodded.

“ That stuff on your legs, arms, and face is called Oran Berry Paste. Apparently, it helps heal minor wounds on people pretty quickly. Nurse Joy ordered it all the way from the Kanto region so it took a couple days to get here. After she put it on, though, you started healing pretty quick.” Sophie explained.

Riley’s brow furrowed. “ A couple days?”

The breeder nodded again. “ Uh-hum. You’ve been asleep for a while. Nurse Joy told us to let you sleep ‘cause you were really tired and beaten up, but Tomas ignored her. He stayed here until I told him to go get something to eat. He left a couple minutes ago.” Riley turned her head to see a black fox-like Pokemon on the side of the bed she was in. “ He’s stayed by your side the whole time too.” Sophie said pointing to Zorua. Riley smiled at the dark type and put a hand on his head, ruffling the curl of black and red fur. The Tricky Fox grinned back. “ What happened to you?” Sophie inquired curiously and leaned forward in her chair.

Riley turned her gaze away from Zorua and looked down, not knowing what to say. “... I don’t know...”

“ Oh, come on!” Sophie threw her hands up. “ You didn’t bonk your head that hard. I don’t even think you hurt your head!”

The brown-haired trainer didn’t respond right away and there was an awkward silence. “ Team Plasma.” She finally said with a grave expression.

Sophie’s smile faded and she slowly recoiled. The breeder dropped Riley’s gaze and looked at the floor. She scuffed her feet uncomfortably. “ What did they want...?” She asked without lifting her head.

Tomas walked into the room just as Riley opened her mouth and the air grew uncomfortable. The brown-haired trainer scooched to the edge of the plainly covered bed and swung her legs over the side. “ I think I’m gonna challenge Skyla today.” She said. Tomas and Sophie started to rush toward her and she hopped off the bed. A sharp pain shot up through the trainer’s leg and she fell to the floor in shock. “ What the---?!” Tomas took her hand, pulled her up, and helped her back on the bed.

“ Most of the rest of your cuts are fully healed, but your leg might take a little longer.” He stated simply and Zorua jumped up beside her.

“ I’ll go talk to Nurse Joy to see if she’s got anything else that’ll help you get better faster.” Sophie said brightly and dashed out of the room and down the hall.