Chapter 10: Into the Fire

The green flash dimmed and Sophie and Riley’s eyes adjusted to the low light. They were back on the topmost level of the Medal Offices. Celebi smiled, flew in front of them, and chirruped, happy with its work. Riley still gripped the flute tightly.

“ We’re back...” Riley whispered softly.

“ Yeah,” said Sophie. She turned quickly, grabbed Celebi out of the air, and hugged the Pokemon tightly. “ Thank you, thank you, thank you! That was amazing!!!” She shouted while she continued to squeeze the  green Pokemon warmly. Riley laughed at Sophie’s endless energy and thanked Celebi as well.

“ That vision... I’m supposed to make all that happen? Is that why you showed it to me? So I would know what I have to do? Or to warn me not to do those things?” The Pokemon flew out of Sophie’s grasp and hovered in front of Riley. It put its hand out and placed it on Riley’s heart. “ I knew there wouldn’t be a straight answer.” Riley said, not meanly.

“ Champion.” Two voices spoke as one and Riley and Sophie whirled around. While talking to the green Pokemon a pink haired woman and a yellow haired woman had managed to sneak up on them. The trainer’s hand immediately went to her Pokemon belt. 

“ Don’t worry,” The pink haired one said gently. “ I am Anthea.”

“ And I am Concordia.” The yellow haired woman added.

“ We have come to warn you,” Anthea said in a serious tone.

“ Warn me about what?” Riley shot back warily. “ I don’t even know you and you just snuck up on me! How can I trust you?” The women stepped closer to the girls, but they stepped back and Celebi hid behind Sophie’s shoulder.

“ A group of the Team Plasma members is coming here. They are called the Shadow Triad, an extremely dangerous and stealthy group of three servants who are entirely loyal to Ghetsis, and they want what you have.” Concordia spoke in a smooth voice. “ And no. You cannot trust us, but we do tell the truth.”

“ I’m not buying it.” Riley replied stubbornly. “ I barely know you or anything about you.” 

Sophie shot her a look. “ Riley, can’t you see these people aren’t bad? They came to warn us so Team Plasma wouldn’t get the flute or Celebi. They’re on our side.” She stepped next to them and the green Pokemon remained back by Riley, unsure. “ I trust them.”

“ Well, what do you propose we do about this Shadow Triad?” Riley was still suspicious of Anthea and Concordia, but didn’t know what for. There’s something they aren’t telling us. She thought.

“ Celebi needs to take the paintings and flute as far away as possible. All of them so when the Triad comes they won’t be as suspicious.” Anthea said.

“ Celebi entrusted me with the flute. She wanted me to have it. Besides, if the Triad sees people up here searching they’re going to think somethings up.”

“ Don’t worry,” Anthea and Concordia said simultaneously. “ We have a plan.”   

----------------------------

“ You two!” Officer Brett growled. He and several grunts stormed into the room and lunged at Leon and Tomas. They ducked and pushed several Plasma grunts back as the two ran out the door and dashed down the hallway.

“ Where do we go?” Leon asked as they were running.

“ I don’t know.” Tomas replied in between heavy breaths. “ Where’s Lenora?”

Leon shrugged and turned a corner, sliding in his slick boots. Tomas swiftly glided over the floor and continued running. He quickly looked behind as he went around and saw that Brett and the grunts were not that far away. They sprinted faster until they were far enough away from the Team Plasma group. Leon grabbed the door of a supply closet to stop him from skidding farther, opened it, and pushed Tomas in. They pushed their way through boxes and hid behind the hanging lab coats. Tomas covered his mouth with his right hand and shoved his left over Leon’s. They heard the clack of boots pass by the door and could make out shouting. Leon perked up and tried to remove Tomas’s hand from his face.