Chapter 30: Champion's Denouement

Virizion? Riley asked, walking quickly while scanning the halls. Virizi--

Yes, Champion? The Legendary Pokemon answered. 

Where are you?

Hold on. Riley waited. Another tremor shook the ship and the brown-haired trainer could feel the heat from the electrical fires that were in patches across it. A few minutes passed and Riley tapped her foot nervously. A lump formed in her throat. Virizion?

Yes. The Grassland Pokemon stepped out of the smoke in the hallway, shaking her head because it.

“ Where were you?” She ran over to the legendary. Getting Celebi off. She has been safely delivered to your friend, Sophie. “ Sand and the others left.” Riley told her. That was only reasonable. This ship is crashing. Riley nodded quickly. You want to find Ghetsis. The Grassland Pokemon confirmed. The trainer nodded again. Follow then.

Virizion’s eyes glowed light blue for a moment and then she closed them. She trotted forward. The places she stepped glinted blue before winking out. Riley ran beside her. “ What’s it you’re doing?” Do you understand how I speak with you? Riley shook her head. I connect to the conscienceness of living things and nature. I create an image of where they are in an area. Like a map. That is a simple explanation of it, though.

The legendary stopped in a crossway. She breathed in and a wave of light swept out from her, passing through doors and across hallways. This way. She led on.

Virizion came to a stop in front of a metal door.This is the control room. Ghetsis pilots the ship from here. Riley turned the door handle and began to push in. We must be quick, she added. The door swung open and Riley stepped inside with Virizion.

Ghetsis held onto the wheel of the dirigible, spinning it madly to the right. The ship groaned and slowly leaned that way. He smashed his hand onto a series of buttons and the engines grated and flared up to maximum power. Riley took a step toward the leader of Team Plasma and he turned around. His robotic eyepatch had lost its glare. Ghetsis was hopeless, but struggling madly, like a caged Houndoom.

“ Of course it’s you.”  He growled the last word. He let go of the scepter with the Plasma insignia on it and it clattered to the floor. “ This is your be all end all isn’t it: confront the genius behind Team Plasma, rid yourself of the fear of such power.” He spread his arms, his robe flowing out around and behind him.

“ I used to be scared of you. And you’re insane, not a genius. But you lead Team Plasma. That’s why I’ve come.” Riley began walking closer to him, hate filling her voice.

“ You pretend to be on the side of justice. Before, you said you stood for Pokemon liberation, freeing them from enslavement so they couldn’t be used as tools for war. But by claiming that you just made yourself a hypocrite, using legendary Pokemon to wage a war against trainers. Ghetsis, you’ve disillusioned the people who follow you. They can’t see the unhappiness they’re causing!” She pointed an angry finger at him and while continuing to make her way over to the wheel.

“ There are those who mistreat, abuse, Pokemon and the people work endlessly to put a stop to that, but Pokemon and people work together to create new technology, to achieve amazing feats. Humans have created centers to instantly heal Pokemon, discs to teach them new powers. We lead, we strategize, we build. The brains and the brawn working together!” The brown-haired trainer took a deep breath and held the leader’s gaze. “ I don’t pity you and I won’t save you.”