Epilogue

Ghetsis stumbled through the woods. His face and clothes were stained with the smoke and ash that had streamed into the control room as he was crashing. Mere second before the airship had impacted with the ground and blown up in a fiery blaze his faithful servants had come for him. The Shadow Triad had carried him away and teleported him out with their unusual powers, later bringing him to this forest, far away from the Pokemon League so the police couldn’t find him. They had left him hours ago, without  a word or a reason and he was now alone wandering through the woods to find a hiding place.

Above the trees, the leader of the now destroyed Team Plasma saw a house made of glass and metal and topped with solar panels. Ghetsis ran to it, delirious enough to seek refuge anywhere.

He pulled the door open fiercely and staggered inside, surprised that it was not locked.

Inside the house, machines buzzed and whirred showing complicated sets of datas and blinking periodically. A thick glass with small air holes surrounded a Blitzle forced to generate energy inside. A machine connected to the Pokemon’s case by long wires took down readings of electricity levels.

At the top of the stairs, a man in a lab coat looked intently down at a control panel, tapping his fingers across the screen to enter data and change temperature, energy, or other levels in his experiments or machines. “ To discover the true way to draw out the strength of Pokémon, is that what all this has been for?” He mumbled to himself angrily. “ I can’t get anywhere alone. Nowhere without the proper equipment!” He slammed a fist down in frustration.

Remembering the man he had heard come in, the figure turned around. “ Ah,” His features relaxed as he immediately recognized the Team Plasma leader. “ Ghetsis.” The madman stared up at the strange scientist. “ I would say this is a coincidence, but I am a man of science. There can be no such thing. Your presence at such a certain time is astounding, however.” The man started moving down the stairs toward Ghetsis.

“ I was told of your failure. Bested by a child and on the run now I hear.” A spiral of blue hair swooped around the scientist’s blond hair in an unnatural way.

“ Though I disagree with your goal to liberate all Pokemon from humans I believed we could help one another.” Suddenly, the Shadow Triad flashed up around Ghetsis from out of nowhere, looking at the man in front of them suspiciously and guarding their master. The scientist was interrupted for a moment, but continued.

“ You would continue your goals while I help you and pursue my research on the true strength of Pokemon.” Ghetsis considered this. He could bring Team Plasma back. They had been crippled, but new members would be gained and their purpose would change.

“ A new direction. A new... Leader. Of course, I will be doing this all in the name of science and, of course in my name: Colress, but... Allow me to offer my assistance.” Ghetsis’s lips curled up into a mad smile. 

Beside him, a Shadow handed over his scepter. They had found it covered in ruddy dust near the edge of the canyon. Ghetsis gripped it fiercely. “ Yes.” He growled. “ A Team Neo Plasma.”

THE END