Chapter five

I was standing in front of a soda vending machine, cursing while searching for some pennies in my purse. After the interview I'd put on clothes and gone outside immediately. I wore a white pair of highwaisted shorts and a powder blue blouse, short sleeved. My light blue All stars were standing on the ground between garbage and dirt.
I shopped all day long and bought a whole new collerction of clothes. I was rediscovering myself. I wanted to be more than a clueless girl with a dream.
Finally I found some pennies, I inserted it into the vending machine and bought a Coke Zero.
"If you need coke without sugar that hard, why not buying a Diet Coke?" I turned around, surprised by the voice. I opened my mouth to answer but had to do a double take. The girl in front of me had long black hair, blue eyes and a naughty glance in them. She had a brave clothing taste but she could have it, it really looked good.
"I just prefer Coke Zero.", I said, thinking about how mom had made Diet Coke commercials back then. The girl stepped forward so she could insert her money. "Yeah I see, I'd rather drink coke than a pepsi, if there wasn't Pepsi Max of course."
"Of course.", I said dryly. The girl turned to me again and her face was lit up because of excitement. "I think I've seen you before? Is that possible?"
I looked to the ground. Damned, why did I have to look like my mom? "I don't know to be honest." She frowned. Her Pepsi Max bottle ticking against her chin. "Pull your hair up." "Excuse me?" She smiled. "You heard me, make a ponytail." I did, and looked back at her. She was stilling frowning but suddenly she was excited avout something. "You were the one singing those songs at the fontain yesterday!" I exhaled in relief. "Yes... Yes indeed, you saw me?" The girl nodded. "Yeah and oh my god you were AMAZING." I grinned. "Thanks." She put her arm through mine and we started walking. "You know I didn't know those songs, but they're so good. Did you write them?" I frowned. "You didn't know them?" She shook her head. "They're from Taylor Swift."
She laughed: "Who is that?" I almost fell when she spons those words. "You mean you don't know her?"
"No, you see it's just... My mom is really strict when it comes to music.", she said almost shyly.
"Yeah... I know that...", we walked silently for a while then I had an amazing idea just popping into my mind.
"Come on I wanna show you something."
I made a taxi pull over and told him to go to my hotel.

"Are you living here?"
"Yeah, kind of, where do you live ehm..." Suddenly we bith realised we didn't even know eachothers names. I started laughing and she laughed too. "Hey, I am Colette, Colette Mayor." she smiled.
I grinned. "Alexia, Alexia Alwyn." She shot me an amused look: "Like the actor." I looked akwardly around my hotel room. "Yeah..."
"So why did you take me here Alexia?" I smiled and grabbed a guitar. "You play?", she nodded eagerly. She took a new twelve string guitar I bought today and I took my own guitar. She started playig a tune I didn't know. "Baby you're a firework, come show them what you're worth..."
I nodded on her music. "That's beautiful, something you wrote?" She stared at me in disbelief. "This... This is from Katy Perry." I blinked blankly back. "You don't know Katy Perry?" I shook my head. "I told you already, my mom is strict on music too." She was still looking at me with those big blue eyes. "But... It's Katy Perry." I shifted on my couch. "Yeah..."
She started smiling. "I like you. When can I come over tommorow?" I bursted out in laughter. "Wait, I'll give you my cellphone number."

Laying in my bed underneath the sheets I thought about Colette. She was defentely the mist special girl I'd ever met. The first text she had sent me was
I am dreaming about candy cotton held captive in a prism. Wanna join the dream?
I was so sure I'd never met someone like her. But something else had happened today, everyone was searching for me. Swifties made the #SearchAlexia trending on twitter and instagram. With pictures of me at te age of fourteen and thirteen. I'd groaned when I saw that. If my mother would only tell everybody the truth she could send out decent pics. My mind went back to Colette, I had a good feelig being with her, almost like I was making up something. And like it was a new start. I turned and closed my eyes. Righr before I drifted off to sleep I realised I liked being on my own, but I missed my mother.