Chapter fourteen

"So the first period you have Latin. That's in B34.", I nodded and took the paper with my lessons table on from the woman behind the desk. "Is she always like that?", I asked  Math.
"Like what?"
"Like that, like she's the happiest person in the world, like she's doing drugs."
Math grinned: "You're funny."
I rolled my eyes: "When do we start writing?"
"When I know about what I wanna write." I stopped walking: "Oh come on! Do you realise I'm putting the recording of mine album on hold for you?" He smiled: "I do. I like our producer." I could kill him.
"So, princess, this is B34." He was obviously planning on leaving so I grabbed his arm: "Wait! You're leaving me alone?" He smiled: "Yeah. I don't follow Latin. But don't worry for science, mathematics and French we're in the same class." I looked at my scheme: "What about Spanish and English." He rolled his eyes: "You're in a higher class, do you get why I need you? I suck at languages."
He left and I turned to the closed door. I could do this, I was going to be a normal teenager. No one was going to reckonigze me. I inhaled deeply and opened up the door.
Fifteen pairs of eyes looked at me. "I am sorry I'm late, but I'm new." The teacher frowned: "In the middle of april? You decided to change from school in the middle of april?" I hesitated: "Ehh... Yes I was homeschooled..." A girl with dark brown hair pointed her finger in the air. The teacher, sir Wilson, nodded at her: "Yes Célestine."
"There's a free spot next to me, she can sit here." The teacer rolled his eyes, like being friendly was irrelevant.
He made a waving gesture to me and I hurried towards the seat next to the girl named Célestine.
"So... You're french?", I whispered.
She smiled slightly: "No, not at all to be honest. What's your name mysterious blonde?"
I smiled: "Alexia."
"Well, nice to meet you. But if you don't mind, I think we'd better focus on Ovidius right now."
"Of course."

"I met this amazing girl in Latin.", I said walking into te classroom with Math. He didn't replie. "Her name is Célestine and she talks British!" He scoffed: "Most people here do, this is Britain after all." I rolled my eyes.
"Math! What do you got with you? You know what they say, sharing is caring. So come on and show that girl."
A tall, muscled, guy was yelling at Math from the other side of the classroom. I arched my eyebrow and opened my mouth. But Math was faster: "You can't touch this one Arthur. She's my dad's protegé."
I looked at him, I could fight for myself. Math took a step forward, like he'd protect me against everything. "So she's a singer.", Arthur said raising his eyebrows and heading to us. "Math nodded." Artur stood in front of us. "Well sweetheart, sing a song for us."
Math's voice became suddenly very icy when he replied: "Her name is Alexia. And she isn't a toy Artie." Oh, he does know my name.
The guy grinned: "Yeah right.", he turned around and went away.
"What the hell.", I said.
"Don't bother him. He's a douchebag."
"He seems to be your friend though."
"Kind of yeah."
"Thank you..."
He turned to me and smiled: "You're welcome m' lady." I rolled my eyes and took a seat beside him.

"How was your day, Alexia?", Elena smiled at me.
"Good, I guess. No one moqued with me "
"She's a straight A student and all our teachers love her. Plus, she follows Latin class."
Elena lit up at that: "That's so cool. I always said to myself when I was twenty four that if my baby was going to be a girl, I'd let her follow Latin classes."
I frowned: "So it turned out your baby was a boy, but why not let him follow Latin?"
Elena made a irritated noise: "Hos father was against it."
Math and I excused us from the table and went upstairs. I went to my room and he followed me. I arched an eyebrow ar him but he ignored it. I took my guitar and settled on the bed. Seconds passed. "I can't write if you're watching."
"Play something for me."
"Why?", I scoffed.
He smiled slightly: "I wanna hear your voice."
"Google: interruption during Grammys and you'll hear it."
"Just sing something, please."
We stared at each other for several seconds. Then I sighed and obeyed.
"Ah aha aha. Ah aha aha. You were on college working parttime waiting tables. Left a small town never looked back. I was a flight risk, with the fear falling. Wondering why we bother with love if it never lasts."
Soon I forgot that Math was sitting there. All that mattered were the strings, the chords, the words and the story.
"You made a rebel of a careless men's carefull daughter. You are the best thing that's ever been mine."
I remembered my mom singing it to me when I was little and I had trouble sleeping.
"You said I'll never leave you alone. You said. I remember how we felt sitting bu that water and everytime I look at you, it's like the first time. I fell in love with a careless men's carefull daughter she is the best thing that's ever been mine!"
One last perfect note.
"I can see it now."
"And that's why you're special."
Bam. Back to reality. I was sitting there with an annoying guy who didn't obey to anything I said.
Of course.
"I am not special.", I said putting the guitar back in it's case.
"Yes you are. That was flawless."
"I bet you sing pretty flawless too."
"Sorry. I don't do private shows."
I rolled my eyes: "Of course."
Math stood up from the ground and got closer to me, sitting on my bed. "But I could make an effort for you." He leaned into me ald I pushed him away bith hands on his chest. I laughed: "Get out Math."
"But princess!", he overacted the droopy face.
I laughed: "Out!", pointinh my finger to the door. He smiled at me and walked out.
Mathias Styles was a complicated, hard to gandle guy.