Chapter twenty - eight

MATH POV:

"Mr Styles is resting.", a young woman behind the hotel desk said. "I know, but could you wake him up? He's my father.", I replied, trying to stay calm. "I can do no such thing.", she made a shocked face. "Well then just gimme the key to go to the bloody penthouse yea?", she was getting on my nerves and I really needed to see Harry. Alexia came home last night and she was a wreck. Her face turned all red and I really thought she was going to yell at me so I looked the lady behind the desk in the eyes and said: "I really don't wanna get mad at you, honestly you're too beautiful to yell at. But I really need to see my father."

Women, all the same. I stood in the elevator with the penthouse key. She totally bought that beautiful thing crap. The only girl that I think is beautiful is Alexia. She has something special and she doesn't even know. I love her childlike fascination about the most stupid things. Like a fountain or something. Last night I came into her room and she bursted out in tears. I grabbed her and held her. After an hour she fell asleep in my arms and I walked back to my own room. This morning she didn't wanna talk about it. But I figured it had something to do with Harry and Taylor. So I called my stepdad this morning and decided to meet him, he told me he'd be in his room all day long. Napping.
The elevator stopped and the doors opened. I walked into a giant room with black furniture and windows from floor to ceiling. The sight was incredible. "With Taylor living near LA, I decided to stay in the city.", a familiar voice said. "It's really beautiful, almost as pretty as London.", I replied. Harry chuckled: "You can't compare the UK with the USA, my boy." I turned around and shook his hand. Firmly like a man. "Look at you, almost seventeen.", he said. "Well I've got a few more months to go.", I smiled. "Now what did bring you here? You're not really the person to visit me and have small talk." We walked over to the couched and took a seat. He poured in a glass of whiskey and offered me one as well. I accepted it, like I'd never had it before... "What happened yesterday? At court? Lex came back all upset and stuff. I'm really worried..." Harry sighed: "I honestly don't even know...", he replied, "She came up with this story about how if the world knew things would be different. She would be happy." I stared at him: "But if the world knew everyone would blow it up... it's a scandal."
"That's what so weird about it.", Harry frowned, "But I think she has a point. If the world knew Taylor and I wouldn't be tiptoeing around. I would be able to fight much harder and Taylor would have to face the fact that I am her family. Cause then everybody knows." I shot my whiskey and poured in another one. "So you think it actually would be for the best?", I asked him. Harry was confused I could tell. "The only thing I know is that yesterday that girl looked at me with her green eyes and her blonde curls saying she wanted to be happy." I sank into the couch: "I wanna be the one to make her happy.", I whispered. Harry stared at me: "You love her, my boy." I couldn't reply... after a minute or so I breathed: "Yeah I really do."
"Then why ain't you together?", Harry shot the right question at me. Salt in the wound.
"Because I can't treat her right, dad. I can't be the right man for her. She needs someone who'd go with her to the grammy's, who'd walk the carpet with her. She needs someone that would sing on stage with her. I just want a normal life, dad, dancing in the headlights of my car at 2 AM, getting totally wasted and make memories for life. Why you think that I take so much time for that bloody record of mine? I don't want it yet. I'm a seventeen year old teenager. She's a future music princess. The best songwriter I ever met with an angelic voice. I can't give her what she wants." After a few moments I realized it was the first time I called Harry "dad". He must've realized it too cause he spoke softly: "Elena will be so happy." I groaned, got up, walked towards the elevator and snapped harshly: "Must've been the alcohol. You're not my dad." Then I dissapeared. Leaving Harry behind.
A few minutes later I received a text message:
H: Maybe she just wants somebody who teaches her what normal is
M: Maybe. But she deserves better.
H: The fact that you say that makes you the best guy for her.
I locked my phone and closed my eyes. What has this girl done to me?

Shorter chapter, but there's gonna be some major drama!!! Can you guess what?