Chapter thirthy - five

My mother was locked up all day, she baked, wrote, sang and played boardgames with my dad. She was happy though, in that golden house. It didn't feel like a cage for her. My dad was awfully quiet ever since the bomb I had dropped. They don't know me anymore. Math was gone, for good. He was spotted in the city, out and about with Liliana. Better like this, apart we maybe got a chance to move on and be happy alone.
I got no one left, I had broken ties with my halfsister, since our bond felt more like her using me than anything else.
Maybe I was paranoid. Maybe I wasn't. I didn't know anything anymore.
Happy seventeenth birthday Alexia.

I blew a candle out that I'd put in a random cake I'd foud. I just sat there in the dark, waiting for something to happen while knowing nothing would happen. I made a wish: may my life please not suck from now on? Thank you.
One silent tear rolled off my cheek. I didn't know why, I was numb. How sad must I've been to break through that dark cloud of numbness?
Happy seventeenth birthday Alexia.

One hour later, around 7 pm, I received a text. The text. Looking back, it was that text that made me change everything.
"Happy birthday, come see me? Got a surprise :)"
"Yeah sure. Be there in 20"
I changed and the driver took me to the house I used to visit a lot. How time flies.
"Happy birthday Alexia!", Silias yelled from the doorway as I was crossing his front lawn.
He took me inside and we ate some homemade pizza's and a huge birthdaycake. Silias told me all about his life, his days and how everything was so much more fun with me. Now and then he received a small smile, but really laughing was impossible.
"You know what we're gonna do?", asked Silias.
"Ain't got a clue"
"Follow me.", he took my hand and led me to the basement. His dad said he could do with that room whatever the heck he wanted to. It was his own little place. I fell down on the couch and chose a movie. He fell down next to me with a bottle of something.
"What's that?", I asked.
"Heaven. You may know it as rum cola"
So that's how we watched the movie. With rum cola and after that some wine and after that we even cracked some beers although I hated it. At the end I was so waisted I was just laughing with everything Silias told me. "There you are! I was wondering where that smile had gone"
"Seems like your the only one making it appear these days."
"Please don't be sad Lex, you don't deserve that."
Then I spilled, I told him everything about Math.
"My god Lexie I wish I'd known, I would've beaten him up I swear ya."
"That's why I didn't tell you. He ain't worth it.", I took another sip of my beer, "you know I never kissed somebody else but Math and Stephen. Two fuckboys all the way."
"You mean you've never been kissed by a stranger?"
"Hhahahah no of course not! It's not like when I go clubbing I get an opportunity for that."
"But Alexia look at you, you're beautiful."
I looked up at him, our legs were entangled because sitting close like that felt right.
"You think so?"
He cupped my face: "Alexia, I want you to be happy. Just happy. That's my biggest hope in this life. My only purpose. You are so goddamn beautiful it's a miracle I can get anything done when you're near me."
"Do you remember last year when the thought of kissing eachother made us want to vomit?", I whispered.
"Yes... yes I remember."
Silence. Silias broke it and spoke again: "Well things surely change now don't they."
"Do you wanna kiss me?", I asked.
"I wanna kiss you every single day for the rest of my life Alexia."
And that's how we had our first kiss.

-

Waking up the next day it all came back to me. Silias and I had took it way furhter than just kissing. I wrapped a blanket around my naked body and looked out of the window. Could I do this? I sure as hell loved him and he was a handsome guy. We could let this grow couldn't we? I had to come to peace with the fact that I'd never ever feel the fireworks again, the ones I felt with Math.
"You up already?", I heard a voice murmur.
"I just had a bad dream.", I whispered and crawled back into bed with Silias. As he wrapped me in his armes, kissed my neck and said soflty that he'd take care for me, I promised myself that this was what I deserved.
Someone who truly loved and cared for me.
But Silias deserved that too, so I was gonna give it to him. Even if had to live a lie.
"Silias, is it weird that I think I love you?"
He pulled me even closer, his bare chest touching my back, I felt safe.
"No Lex, it's just meant to be. I love you too."

SO AFTER THIS WE'LL JUST HAVE AN EPILOGUE AND THEN WE'RE DONE!!!!