Chapter twenty - seven

"It's honestly very hard to realize all of this.", Colette said while leaning against the wall. I was washing my hands, we were in the girl's bathroom. The water that streamed over my wrists had a soothing effect. "It is. And my mom knows I mean... she knew it since the beginning why didn't she tell me?" Colette exhaled loudly: "Well she doesn't really seem a person who admits all of her problems" I dried my hands while replying: "She's been in denial for what? 17 years? That's so freaking long"
We walked out and Silias waved at us, standing by the exit. "I've paid girls, it's allright." We smiled at him and I hugged him: "I honestly wouldn't know what to do without you guys, you're my best friend Silias, and you Colette, well you've always basically been my sister and now..." we just stood there and smiled. This was a group of friends, the people I could rely on, people I could trust. I'd take a bullet for them, and I knew they'd do the same for me.
"I love you guys.", I said. "I love you too, little sentimental, over emotional, squirt.", Silias replied. "I love you too.", Colette said and she nudged me. We walked out the doors into the early summer sun.
"It's just a new chapter.", Colette said. And she was damn right.

-

"I could look at you all day long, princess. By the way, that shirt is really cute. Hello Kitty is a classic."
I was writing in my bedroom, in my pajamas, and Math wasn't gonna leave me alone. I shot him an annoyed look: "I can't focus with you sitting over there."
"I get it, my incredible charm and good looking features are so distracting.", he smiled.
I rolled my eyes: "More like your annoying mouth that never shuts, honestly." He made an offended face and got up. Math walked around my room, staring at pictures and little notes on my wall. I got up and pointed at a little phrase written with a gold permanent marker. It said: "Life ain't special until you can share it"
"Well that's a beautiful phrase, princess." I smiled at him: "Now who do you think it's about?" He smiled back at me and we just stood there, trying to figure out this whole thing.
"Dance with me.", I said. Math looked confused.
"There's no music.", he replied. "There always is, it's in your heart." He chuckled: "That's the problem you get when you're dating a bloody songwriter. They hear music everywhere." I laughed: "So we're dating now heh?" He lifted his shoulders: "I don't know, princess, I just know that I can't lose you. I just know that you're the daughter of my stepfather and that the world will find out soon." I looked away. What if the world did find out? What if we couldn't stay like this? Just my mom, my dad and Harry? Why can't my biological father accept that he won't have custody? "Princess?", Math interrupted my thoughts. "Yeah?" I didn't look at him, kept staring at the phrase. "Don't leave me.", he whispered.

-

"Why are you guys actually fighting mom? I don't follow...", we were sitting in the court cafetaria. Me and my mom. She sighed: "Harry wants to see you, he doesn't need the world to know, he doesn't want official legal custody, but he wants to see you now and then." I looked at her: "So? What's the problem mom? I can easily go with spring break and a few weeks during summer. You wouldn't really miss me. You can write and record, or go on a romantic trip with dad..." My mother sighed and her blue eyes looked so exhausted, she replied firm: "I don't want you to have anything to do with him. He's a bad person." I looked very icily at her. "Well that didn't stop you before did it mama? And by the way, I actually like him. I've got to know him back in England and you know what? It was great. He didn't treat me like I was this special diamond, he treated me like I was a sixteen year old teenager, which, behind everything else, I am." I stood up and left my food behind, I couldn't get anything down my troat now. My mother burried her head in her hands. I walked towards Harry's table and took a seat in front of him. "What's up, love? Your mama won't appreciate you sitting here." I looked at him, his green eyes so familiar to mine. "I know about you and Katy Perry, I know about Colette, I know about everything Harry. Y'all should stop keeping these secrets from me. I am so sick of it... You guys don't want this thing to come out? Well maybe if it does things will change for the better!" Harry spoke very slowly: "Alexia, what are you actually saying now?" I almost teared up, I was so tired. But I stayed strong. "I want to be happy. I am saying that maybe if everyone knows, I'll be at peace and I'll be happy."

-

I was alone in my bed, holding myself. It was winter and I was cold. My door opened slightly: "You awake?", a whisper. I stayed silent. Someone entered and saw me staring at nothing. He crawled in bed behind me and held me. "You okay princess?", Math asked. "I am now.", I replied and closed my eyes.

So this chapter is really like the next step to this big moment that's gonna happen