Chapter twenty

The prom was nothing special to anyone, but to me it was a whole lew experience. Stephen twirled me around and we laughed, still I had the feeling it wasn't right. "You want something?", he yelled in my ear.
"Yeah! A Coke please.", I yelled back.
He left and I turned around to find a pair of beautiful green eyes, my heart skipped a beat and my stomach twisted. "Hey, princess. Where is Charming?", Math screamed. "Getting me a drink.", I replied. His look darkened as he looked around. "Where are his friends?", he asked me.
I frowned: "I don't know. Probably with him. I couldn't hear what he said after that but it looked like a curse. "Let's get out of here.", he yelled and grabbed my wrist. I pulled it back. "No! I'm here with Stephen get over it." He stepped closer to me. "I'm only trying to save your royal ass princess."
I turned mad: "Oh really?! Cause you are such a gentleman right!"
He laughed, but it was not genuinly: "I actually think I am."
I started screaming, not because of the loud music but because of anger and frustration. "What the hell are you doing! Why are you being such a jerk!"
"Why wouldn't I be?", he yelled back.
"Because you told me you loved me!", I almost cried.
"Did I? Ha, maybe you should consider if I was honest to you."
"What! Math I don't get it! Are you playing a game with me? God I hate you!", I turned away, tears forming in my eye corners but I blinked them away. I was not gonna cry on my prom. I bumped into Stephen. Thank God, maybe I could try to talk with him that would make me feel much better. But before I could open mouth Stephen grabbed my wrist and pulled me to the center of the dancefloor. I saw his friends standing around us.
"Everything okay?", I asked.
"Everything okay?", he repeated moquingly. I rose an eyebrow and crossed my arms in front of my chest. "What are you forcing?" He smiled at me, but it wasn't genuinly at all.
"Trying to make something clear darling.", he spit out that word.
"Well go on.", I was getting angry.
"Once upon a time there was a boy, and he bet that he could break the heart of the new girl at school."
I swallowed: "So you're breaking up with me, for a bet."
"I am sweetheart."
I blinked the tears away. "Well... It was good as long as it lasted.", I turned around but heard the asshole screaming: "Just to shatter everything: I've cheated on you since day one." I turned around again and slapped him. Hard. Then ran away, outside. Tears were streaming down my face, probably ruining my very expensive mascara. It was just too much, my biological parents were having a fight with the law for my custody and my, now ex, boyfriend simply played a game with me. Outside a warm spring breeze blew in my hair, I wiped away the tears with the back of my hand and sighed. "Maybe I am not the jerk tonight, princess.", a familiar voice said from behind me. I didn't turn around, why would I?
"You knew, didn't you? That's why you were acting like that, to make me realise what Stephen was going to do."
I couldn't see him but I knew he nodded his head slightly and had a sparkle in his green eyes when he answered: "Indeed princess."
"Why didn't you just tell me? You of all people!", my voice cracked and the tears were welling up again, but I let them flow, I needed to cry. Suddenly Math stood in front of me, wiping my tears away and rubbing my back. I fell into his arms and cried against his chest. My expensive mascara probably ruining his expensive suit.
"Just know that Stephen will regret this princess."
He paused and I sniffed.
"No one breaks your heart.", he tilted my head and looked into my eyes, "I promise."

-

"I hate him.", my mom said while putting her earrings on.
"No you don't.", I scoffed, sitting on the edge of her bed.
"You're right I don't.", she whined, "But I certainly almost do!"
"You get him, you know why he does this. That's why you can't be mad. You're a good person mama." She turned away from the mirror and kissed my head. "So are you my sweetheart." I bit my lip, was I? My mother's hotel room was a mess and I started cleaning up a bit. How could I be a good person? I mean... I ignored that the guy who loves me exists while he is probably the best thing that has happened to me in a while.
"Ready for court?", my mom interrupted my thoughts.
"I am yeah, are you?"
My mother shook her head: "Not at all come sweetie."
On our way to court my parents, Taylor and Joe, were calling each other.
Today the start of a very long lawsuit had begun, this case was a complicated one.We had very good lawyers but I was pretty sure so did Harry.
When we arrived we didn't see any paparazzi. I was happy, this couldn't go public. "Hello little Styles!", Harry welcomed me with open arms. My mom looked away as I hugged him. "How was prom yesterday?"
"Don't wanna talk about it."
"Stephen broke up with her.", my mom said taking my hand.
"On promnight? That's mean."
We all rolled our eyes, like he has never been mean to someone.

-

"How was court?", Math asked me as I walked into the corridor.
"Horrible, screaming, screaming, threats..."
"I'm sorry for you, princess."
I smiled faintly: "Don't be."
I entered my room als grabbed my guitar, locked the door and let it all flow.
"I am a lonely heart, trying to take a new start. But it's always the same, we just play the game. Play the game.
Oh oh oooh.
I am a lonely princess, dancing around in this dress. But I'll be forever waiting, while my hope is fading. Hope is fading.
Oh oh oooh.
But you stand there, and I don't know where to go. Run into your arms or away, I really don't know.
But you stay there and you keep waiting for me. While I'm figuring out, don't leave me be.
Don't leave me be.
Cause you're all I've got now."

New chapter! It took a looooong time. Kinda figuring out what to do now... Wanna know Colette's secret? Or wanna zoom into the love of Math and Alexia?
What you think of the song?
Let me know your thoughts!!!!
Love,
Lou