Chapter nineteen

I was standing in front of my full length mirror, admiring my dress. It was a golden one that my mom used to wear every night of the Speak Now Worldtour during Love Story. But we had cut it so it was knee length now.
"You seriously still going with him?"
That voice, that warm sweet voice took my breath away.
"Why wouldn't I?", I was very proud my voice didn't tremble cause my knees were shaking.
"Oh right, play the role princess. The icy cold role where you ignore what happened five nights ago."
"I am still dealing with the other thing that happened.", I snapped.
Silence.
"My mother cried Mathias. She cried.", I shook my head and took the little golden necklace from the wooden table standing beside the mirror.
"Okay, so Harry knows it... And he wants custody and tell the world and stuff but that is what normal kids experience everyday princess."
"But we're not normal kids."
He scoffed: "Oh yeah? You're getting ready for prom and for your date, seems normal to me."
Played with the golden chain in my hands: "So you finally accept Stephen is my date."
"No, I am."
I made a mocking sound: "Never."
I put my hands behind my neck, trying to fasten the necklace. But my fingers were trembling and I couldn't do it.
A curse slipped out of my mouth and suddenly I felt warm fingers touching mine. Math fastened the necklace for me the cold feeling of the chain forming a contrast with his warm skin. I held my breath. "Go to prom with me.", he whispered.
"Why?"
"Cause you don't love that guy."
"Oh and I do love you?", I raised an eyebrow but my raising voice betrayed me. He made a trail with his finger downn my skin, from my neck to my collarbone.
"Just say yes, princess."
"I can't..."
He turned me around, our noses were almost touching. His green eyes were looking at me with so much longing.
I closed my eyes, making the mistake of finiding it okay for him to kiss me again. But instead I heard him walk away. I looked up again and saw him grabbing my guitar. He played a complex tune. I could relate it to emotions like sadness, regret, passion, love, longing.
I walked towards him lookig at his fingers playing the strings flawlessly. I pulled put my phone and  recorded everything. I grabbed the electric guitar and joined his music. It sounded like a chorus.
"She turned away.", Math sang, I knew I had to fill in, we were finally writing the song.
"When I asked her to stay.", I rhymed.
"Her eyes so lovely."
"I could get lost in the green."
"I know this is what she needs."
"If she only went where her heart her leads."
"Don't turn away from me."
He stopped playing the strings, went with his hand through his hair.
"Damned Alexia!", he walked towards me and kissed me.
After a few moments he turned away saying: "If you only went where your heart you leads, you said yourself. Now do it."
I groaned and let myself fall on my bed.

Little knocks on the door.
"Sweetie, it's Stephen.", I heard Harry saying. I ignored him.
"Darling come out, we're all very excited."
I sighed and opened up my door, his eyes were looking at me.
"I guess it's a love story tonight.", he joked. I faked a smile and went downstairs.
"Wauw.", my boyfriend was staring at me and put on my corsage, it were white roses. I hate those.
"You're astonishing honey."
"You look handsome too.", I had to fake it. When he leaned into me I only saw his blue eyes, and I found myself wishing it were green ones.
Math joined us and was talking to Stephen about a soccer game, in the car I sat between the two boys. Stephen was playing with my hair and Math had his cocky smile on, but I knew he was dying inside.
After several minutes Math asked: "Could you stop touching her like that?"
"Like what?"
"Like she's your throphee.", Math's eyes were deadly serious and looking from one another I asked what was wrong.
"Nothing, beautiful."
"Everything, princess."
I turned away from Stephen, laying my hand on Math's shoulder. "What are you talking about?" He brought his gaze away from Stephen, to me. His eyes were worried, but hard. "Guess you'll find out tonight. Isn't it Stephen?"
Math opnened up the door, the car had pulled over. Confused I walked with Stephen to the entry of the prom.

Swift's Daughter [COMPLETED]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara