Epilogue

POV MATH
I lay on the couch, a terrible headache made me sqeeuze my eyes. Why the fuck was the sunlight streaming in? How late was it? My watch told me 1 PM. I fucked last night up. Again. I got up and walked towards my liquor cabinet. They never left me. Never dissapointed me. I shot 2 glasses of whiskey and tried to sleep again.
My phone rang.
"Hello?"
"Math, it's me, Harry."
"Damn old man why you calling?"
"Are you drunk? Again?"
"Just tell me why you're calling man."
"I think you should turn on the tv, there's something you need to see."
I threw my phone on a pile of dirty clothes and turned on the tv. What could be so freaking important?
Yesterday Silias went down on one knee for Alexia. They just anounced their engagement en we wish them all the luck. America's sweethearts will be marrying in the upcoming summer.
I threw my glass against the wall and it broke. Good. I thougth, like my heart.
Little Ms Swift was marrying that asshole of a Silias? How could she?
I looked at her, shining on tv. She's
Only twenty. How did he do that. How could he persuade her?
Three years, it had been three lonely years since I last really talked to that girl. I still couldn't get her out of my mind though.
It was all my fault, her rebound, her big mistake of saying yes. All my fault. I didn't fight hard enough. Worst of all, I took the wonder out of her eyes.

POV ALEXIA

Getting ready, wearing my big white dress. I looked at myself in the mirror. My mom had tears shining in her eyes and she whispered: "I'm so happy you found love my little sweet girl."
Me too mama, me too, I found love but I won't marry love. I was going to marry my best friend, who was very hot which made it easy for me to feel attracted. My green eyes weren't shining. They hadn't for three years.

I walked down the aisle with both my dads, they gave me away and as I turned to Silias I caught a glimpse of a pair of green eyes. He looked right at me. How dared he? I never thought he'd actually come to my wedding. "I do.", I heard Silias saying. I pronounced those words as well and he kissed me. Math took a sip out of a liquour flask. Was he a drunk now?

I was powdering my nose in the ladies room. Math walked in and slammed the door shut. I didn't look up. "Gongrats princess." "Don't call me that."
"But aren't you just a princess today. Look at you in your big white dress"
"Mathias, you're drunk leave me alone."
"Even drunk and half insane I get you more than he does." I looked at him.
"Don't you talk about my husband like that."
He laughed, his laugh was hollow.
"Princess, the fight in your eyes is even gone. Is there anything left of you?"
I put my make up away and ignored his question. He knew, he knew I was just a shadow of myself. He came closer, standing right behind me. "Just admit for once Alexia, just admit you made a mistake."
I breahted heavily: "I most certainly did not." His hands were on my waist now. "I can prove you made a mistake." The fire was burning inside of me, a fire I hadn't felt for a long time. "Yeah? How?", I could hear the fight coming back in my voice. He was bringing me back to life.
Math turned me around. His face was inches from mine. Our noses touched, my lips were only a breath away from his. We stood like that for 10 minutes. Looking in eachothers eyes. And then I looked down, closes my eyes, allowing him to kiss me. And he did.
Boy he did.
He kissed me with all the fire burning inside of us. I felt myself coming back to life for the first time in 3 years.
I'd lost my virginity to Silias, but I had to pretend it was now. This was the first time that really mattered. Math broke away from our kiss, lifted me up the sink and his hands were lifting my skirt up. He ran to the door and locked it. Ran back and lifted me up, lay me on the ground. I could feel his desire grow and I could feel mine grow as well. So as I was playing with the button of his pants, I knew what was gonna happen.
And I let him.
Just to feel alive again.

-

"Babe there's a letter for you.", I grabbed the letter and read the boyish handwriting.
Tears were falling down as I read it. "I'm sorry I took the wonder out of your eyes, I hear you stopped with writing. I'm sorry." He kept apologizing and ended with: "Meet me in Atlantic City if you wanna be alive."
But Mathias was a drunk, he had lost his mind. I tore the letter up and threw it away. I'd never leave Silias. He'd never hurt me. I couldn't take any pain anymore. After Mathias and I had had sex on my wedding day I felt so alive, the hurt came back. So no, I couldn't be anything more than a shadow of myself.

-

Anna, my eldest, was braiding my hair as we watched the news. Suddenly his picture appeared. The world stopped spinning. I couldn't believe it, Silias kept asking if I was okay and shouting my name I was in shock. Cause Mathias Styles had killed himself.
Took an overdose of pills and alcohol.
It had taken a week before anyone noticed. There was no one who cared enough.
He left a note. It said: to my princess, I'll be with you next time. I'll be a better man next time. Cause 4 years ago was the last time I felt alive. I love you. I know you love me too.

-
As my baby boy was born and Silias said I could name him I looked deep in his eyes and saw green flecks in his brown eyes. "Math. We'll call him Math."
And one lonely tear slid down my cheek.

THE END