Chapter seventeen

"What are going to do this weekend, beautiful.", Stephen asked leaning against the lockers.
"I don't know," I replied, "probably going to a Harry Styles concert with my boyfriend and my could-be-brother." I spended to much time with Elena.
"So that boyfriend of yours... Is he hot." I put my maths book in my locker and closed it. "Yeah, he's so incredibly hot, it's weird I can focus whenever he's around."
Stephen grabbed my waist. "You're adorable." We kissed a little.
That's how we were, we had a lot of fun and messed around a little. Never serious.

"So, Stephen, how is he?", Math asked me backstage. I looked up from my phone: "He's cool." Math scoffed: "Cool, that's it?" I shot him an angry look: "We've been togheter for a week now. I can't tell you he's wonderful if I don't know yet."
"I know but he's your boyfriend, shouldn't another word than cool have to pop up in your mind?" I rolled my eyes and pushed him to the stage: "Go  perform." He grinned: "We'll make the song soon right?" I nodded. "I'm looking forward to it princess." He ran onto the stage and I applauded backstage, watching him from a distance. "Hey, beautiful, am I late?" Stephen walked to me and kissed my head. "No, it has just begun. Math is performing."
After a song or two Math looked at me: "Ready for a little surprise?" The crowd screamed. "Ladies and gentlemen, let me present you Alexia Alwyn." The crowd went wild and I wondered why. Stephen pushed my forward and I went to the stage. When I appeared every body yelled. Math gave me a mic. "I'm gonna kill you.", I whispered. "I know.", he whispered back and winked at me. "Let's sing an older song. Dear people this one is called Perfect by One Direction!" Math turned to me and whispered: "Do the chorus, I'll sing the other parts but sing the back vocals too."
I nodded.
"I might never be your knight in shinig armor.", Math started singing and hiq voice was something I could add to my list of: "most beautiful things in the world".
Math turned to me pointing with his right index finger. "When I first saw you from accross the room I could tell that you were curious. Oh yeah. Girl I hope you're sure what you're looking for, cause I am not good at making promises."
We both sang the chorus and I realised how true all of this was, we were both famous ald we could never offer a normal relationship... But if you didn't want normal, than we were perfect.
Math stepped closer to me: "And if you're looking for someone to write your break up songs about, baby I ap perfect.", he took my hand and we twirled around the stage. When we finished I watched his brown eyes staring into mine. I totally forgot the stage and the crowd. Math breathed heavily and screamed: "Ladie and gentlemen ALEXIA ALWYN.", I heard vaguely an applause and walked back to the backstage. But those eyes didn't let me go. Stephen hugged me and I kissed him as greeting. "You were wonderful, beautiful."
"Thanks.", Stephen kissed my forehead.
The show continued and Math joined us again back stage. "Now the old man is taking it over." After an hour Harry suddenly stopped: "Someone needs to say something. Stephen boy come here." Math and I were taken aback and looked how Stephen runned onto the stage. Harry introduced him to the crowd and gave the mic to Stephen. "I wanna ask Alexia Alwyn... Ehm... Well ehm... Wait. Alexia I really like you, do you wanna go to prom with me next week?" My mouth fell wide open, I expected someone to push me onto the stage but Math was as shocked as I was. I walked onto the stage and took the mic: "Of course.", I said. That was true, I wouldn't know who else would've asked me to prom. God, I wouldn't have gone if Stephen and I weren't togheter.

I was preparing my back for the next day at school, Math sat, as usual, on the ground with his leggs crossed. "I don't like him.", he said.
"Who?", I asked.
"Stephen."
I rolled my eyes. "Don't do that, I know you're more than the game you're playing. Don't play the protective brother cause you're not, you could care less bout who I am dating. "
Math scoffed and I took a seat on the edge of my bed, cross legged.
"Princess, do you see it? You're the only one that gets me."
I smiled: "Maybe that means you should open up a little bit more to me."
He smiled too, but when a memory hit him his smiled vanished and a frown crossed his features. I bit op my lip: "You're afraid you'll lose me..."
Math's head jerked up. "How do you do you that?"
Math got up and walked towards me. "Do what?", I asked him.
He fell to his knees and grabbed my hands. "How do you read me like that?"
"I don't know.", I said simply. This should've felt uncomfortable but nothing felt that with Math. He released one of my hands and went through his hair. "Break up with him.", he said.
"What!", I jerked my hands back, "No way!", now I was pissed off.
"That guy is nothing for you Princess! You deserve better!", Math got up and so did I. I pushed him and screamed: "What do you know about it?"
"You don't date someone when you think they're cool!"
"Oh yeah?!"
"Yeah! You date someone when you love them!"
"What do you know about love?!"
"Everything, cause I am experiencing it right now. This is love."
Math grabbed my wrists and pinned me against the wall then he kissed me. It was nothinkg like kissing with Stephen. It was wonderful, life changing, world upside down turning. It was everything and nothing, the kiss had passion and my skin burned everywhere he touched me. I'd never expected something like this, something this great.

I woke up by the sunlight streaming through the window, my head laying on the bare chest of Math. With a groan I remembered whatbhad happened last night. Math and I had been kissing, only kissing, for hours. I'd fallen asleep in his arms. I remembered him saying to me that he was going to protect me against every little danger in the world. My phone chimed and when I saw Stephen's name I felt very bad. I got out of bed and walked towards the bathroom.