Chapter eight

I woke up in my own bed that morning for the forst time in a week.
I tried openig my eyes and yawned. The first thing my eyes noticed was a dirty blonde curl. "I really keed a shower.", I mumbled and went with my hands through my hair to pull it back so I could see something. Colette was sitting on a beanbag, typing on her phone. I sighed: "What are you doing?"
She didn't look up: "Typing."
I rolled my eyes. "Who are you even texting to?" A little smiled crossed her features. "I can't tell you yet."
I threw my sheets away: "Whatever, I'm gonna take a shower. Be quiet, my parents can't know that we're here yet."
She nodded and I tiptoed to my connecting bathroom.

-

"I can't do this.", I whispered. My hands were sweatinf and I rubbed them against my dress. "Yes you can.", Colette whispered back and she gave me a push. I tried not to fall and stumbled into our living room. I looked around but didn't see my parents. The tv was on though and I could see that the news was showing. I swallowed my fear and stepped towards the kitchen. I pushed the door open and waited. I found two pair of eyes watching me. One blue pair, with long black lashes and reddend skin. One brown pair, filled with concern.
"Hey.", I tried to say, but my voice cracked when I saw my parents like that. My mom was pale and looked awful, how could I ever had left her alone? I felt so sorry.
My dad came walking towards me: "Alexia.", he said and hugged me my mother was staring at me with an empty look. "Alexia? Is that you?", she whispered, tears forming in her eyes, "baby... My baby. My little girl." I walked towards her, she was sitting on a chair next to the kitchen table. She reached out to me and I hugged her. She cupped my face, tears streaming down her face. "It's you, I almost didn't reckonigze you! You're so grown up, my little girl, my sweet baby."
"I'm only one week older mama."
"Still, the freedom has made you look so mature. I love you."
"I love you too mom, and I am so sorry I ran away."
"I'm sorry I've locked you away for all those years!"
I turned around and hugged my dad: "I don't know what will happen now, but I have to show guys something, or rather, someone."
I took their hands and led them through the kitchen door. Colette was sitting comfortable in one of te couches. "Hello Mr. and Ms. Alwyn."
My mother's face turned pale and her eyes widened.
"Alexia... What have you done?"
I sighed: "Mom, dad, this is Colette Mayer, she's the daughter of John Mayer and..."
"Katy Perry.", my mom said flatly.
My dad looked at Colette: "I see the ressemblance with your mother...those eyes and you got the same nose... But I can't see your father in you."
My mother reacted icy to that: "I bet she's as mean and selfish as him.", she paused for second, "At least, character traits are not born, they are taught."
We all looked confused at her, until Colette said: "Dear John is about my father Lex." I shot my mom a surprised look: "That mean guy? But Colette you're so sweet and funny!"
She didn't react to my compliment mixed with my insult towards her father. "Go away Colette. You're not welcome in this houshold.", my mom said.
I cried: "Mom!"
"Do you even know what she has done?", my mother said calmly.
"She helped me!"
"HER MOTHER TRIED TO RUIN ME!", my mother yelled.
My mother almost never yelled.
I saw tears forming in her eyes and my dad hurried towards her he hugged her and my mom burried her face in his chest.
Colette stayed calm and took the remote, she turned up the volume and told us to watch.
The news was still showing, but the headline was very unexpected...
Taylor Swift look alike plays in Nashville and becomes internet sensation.
My jaw dropped.
The newsreader told us about how everyone was searching for my name and how everyone wanted me to be in their record label. Colette looked happily at me: "I did that for you."
"Thank you but it doesn't really matter since no one knows who I am..."
"Well... Someone does."
"Who?"
We all looked at her, my mother still didn't like her but I got the feeling that she gave er a shot for helping me with my dream.
"My mother's record label."
"No.", said my mim and in unison.
"Oh come on!", it was the first time Colette actually showed some kind of reaction, "I've moved mountains for this! Or do tou think my mother actually still likes you? She hates you as much as you hate her. But she agreed that Alexia is a big talent! She can make it! My mom really wanna give her a shot! The shot that you guys didn't give her... That you guys can't give her."
"The world will know her true age.", my mom declared.
Colette looked confused.
Oh right.
Forgot to mention that.
"Eehm, Joe isn't my biological father, I'm born two years before my mom met him... But no one may know that I'm actually sixteen instead of fourteen. They may not know that my real father H-"
"Enough Alexia.", my mom interrupted.
Colette stepped towards my mother: "Bullshit."

-

Colette decided to leave short after that, but before she left through the front door she said: "Think about it Lex. You can make it, you know."
My mother and I talked the resr ofthe day about Nashville and LA, she told me stories and showed me pictures. Ar the en of the dat we were sitting togheter on our porch, the paparazzi had left. My mom and I had our guitars and my dad was pouring qome champagne in our flutes.
"I'm only sixteen dad."
"Like it has ever stopped you before."
We all laughed at that.
My mom played a little tune, we listened for a while and then I fell in. After a few moments we started to sing the actual song.
I started to sing to be exactly.
"I'l five years old it's getting cold I've got my big coat on, I hear your laugh and look up smiling at you I run and run." That moment was perfect, it was how I imagined how it was to have a perfect family.
Then I realised.
It was mine perfect family.

So this was quiet a heavy chapter wasn't it? What do you guys think will happen? Will Alexia sign a record deal with Katy perry???
Let me know!
Love y'all
And don't forget to
Vote?
Comment?
💕💕