~Chapter 3~

The family sat downstairs in the living room. A few hours had gone by and Salvatore had made the decision to call Stefano and Giacomo Caruso, his father's Consigliere. He needed advice, and Giacomo was the one who could provide it.

He glanced briefly over at his mother as she continued to sob quietly in the corner cradling Lucia holding her close murmuring a silent prayer for her entire family.
"Jake..." His voice almost failed him.

Keep it together...

He closed his eyes, let out a breath then picked himself back up. "What do we do? What do I do?"

"Have you called it in yet?" He queried reaching for the scotch decanter on the coffee table. He poured seven glasses and pushed them towards the men. They needed a drink. Everybody needed a drink. He glanced up at Salvatore who was shaking his head before swiftly knocking back the entire glass.

"No." He placed his glass back down, reaching for the decanter pouring himself another. "Not yet. I called you first." He threw down his second glass effortlessly. He looked up and across the room at the sound of latex gloves snapping.
Dr. Di Savia removed his gloves walking towards the men. He let out a long deep sigh, indication that he had some not so great news.

"Scotch Dottore?" (Doctor) Giacomo held up a glass in his direction but he shook his head politely in refusal.

"Salvatore, a word alone?" He shoved the gloves into his pocket waiting for Salvatore to follow him.

"It's ok," he motioned his hand towards the doctor inviting him to join them in the living area; "whatever you have to report you can report to all of us." He rose to his feet awaiting the news.

The doctor made his way closer stopping just a few feet away. "Well," he began. "As I explained I won't be able to give you the findings of the blood test results until I am able to get to the hospital. However," he cleared his throat nervously, "I noticed a champagne glass in one of the bedrooms."

"Ok..." Salvatore raised an eyebrow of concern.

Just spit it out...

"I took a quick swab out of curiosity. The contents of the glass tested positive to drugs, I can't tell you the exact drug at this stage, again I would need to visit my office for that. But I can tell you that if you drank that champagne you were most certainly under the influence of something that put you all to sleep."

"What the fũck?" Marco jumped to his feet. "My sister she, she drank a lot!"

"It's ok," Dr. Di Savia put his hand up silencing his concerns, "she will wake up on her own time. I don't believe the drug is dangerous, it was merely to lower your inhibitions." He took a breath, "I would like to suggest that we admit her to keep a closer eye on her."

"Who would do this?!" Giuseppa screamed startling Lucia waking her. "The servers?" Lucia stirred instantly beginning to cry, she furiously bounced her up and down trying to calm herself in the process, tears springing to her eyes once more. "My husband is dead and my daughter is unconscious because someone drugged our champagne?"
She snapped her head towards Salvatore. "Salvo!" She continued to raise her voice, "you will find out the people responsible for this and you will bring them to this family. Do you understand?"

"Mamma, stai calma." (Mother, stay calm) He ran his hands through his hair tugging at the ends frustrated, "you take care of Lucia, I will take care of everything else..."

Shaking his head at the doctor he reached for more scotch, "I'm sorry, but my sister stays here, you have full access to the house Doctor, bring all the equipment you need to monitor and keep her comfortable, money is not an issue."