~Chapter 16~

Chapter Song

Polaroid - Imagine Dragons

_______________✏

Salvatore shuffled within the bed as the morning sunshine broke through the barrier of the large bedroom window.
With his eyes still closed he stretched across the bed expecting to feel Adriana but coming up empty.
His eye flung open abruptly tilting his head to the left where he expected her to be sleeping. Wrapped up in the sheets, her hair splayed against the pillow.

She left...

How could this happen again?

Why?

Had he pushed her too far?

He shot up out of bed, scurrying out quickly tearing through the room over to the chair where his suit pants and jacket hung, there was no time to wait for Stefano to bring his change of clothes. He needed to find her now.
As he hobbled around frantically attempting to simultaneously step into and pull his pants up like the apartment was on fire, the bedroom door opened.

"Oh. Do you have to leave?" Adriana asked holding the tray containing chocolate croissants, blueberries, yogurt and coffee. She turned to her left placing the tray on top of the vanity table.
She briefly thought back to a few nights back when she was having difficulty sleeping and decided that making croissants at two am in the morning was the most practical thing to do. Now her freezer was fully stocked with them. Chocolate, strawberry, apricot, white chocolate, she had made them all.
"I thought we could have breakfast before-"

Before she could even finish her sentence, she was cut off by his hand wrapping around one of her wrists and yanking her towards him. His hands coming up to grip the sides of her face pulling her down, his rough lips frantically working over the soft flesh of her own.

"Well." She smiled against him, her palm resting on his bare chest lightly pushing to break away from the kiss. "Good morning to you too." Her eyes travelling down his torso, her eyebrows raised with a small look of curiosity washing over her.
He had one ankle through his suit pants, which were bunched on the floor beneath him, and the other completely bare.
Her stare travelled back up to catch his gaze.

"I thought you left." He openly admitted shuffling back a little while kicking the pants away. He motioned towards the vanity. "You brought me breakfast in bed?" He walked over to the bed while she picked the tray back up making her way towards him.

"You've never eaten in bed before?" She asked surprised.

"Well." Salvatore smirked, "I have, I mean just last night I-"

"Smetila!" (Stop it!) She hissed mortified at the casualness of his conversation content as her cheeks flushed awkwardly.

"You need to relax," he chuckled. "Now let's have breakfast."

_______________✏

"I have to go to Jersey tonight." Adriana called out from the ensuite touching up her makeup while Salvatore dressed in the bedroom after Stefano had brought him some casual wear and a suit as requested.

"Jersey?" He repeated moving towards the ensuite door nudging it open fixing his tie in the process.

"Yeah Jersey, I have a meeting with the group I see." She carefully applied her midnight black mascara before looking over to him. "I have to go Salvo, it's good for me. Besides," she drew her attention back to her makeup shoving the various little boxes into her makeup draw. "I have to swing by the house, there are some things I need so two birds one stone really."

"How about," Salvatore stalked towards her, "Stefano drops you off at your meeting, you give him a list of items to pick up while you're there, I pick you up once you're done and take you to dinner?"

Adriana smiled a little cheekily reaching out to grab his tie pulling him towards her the rest of the way. "That almost sounds like a plan." She whispered leaning into his ear, "but you see, I still don't know Stefano that well yet and he's not familiar with my brother's house. Make it Luca and you have yourself a deal."

He pulled back abruptly; he was astounded she had it in her to ask for such a thing. "Are you being serious? No Adriana. Not happening."

"Salvo, you have to forgive him. If you can forgive me you can forgive him."

"End of discussion Adriana."

"No." She shook her head watching him fold his arms across his chest looking quite irritated. But she was the one who was irritated. He was so dismissive with the conversation and this was not the sort of communication she was going to accept from him. If she backed down now who knows how far he would use his authority over her. It was one thing being so demanding of his men, but it was another treating her in the same manner.

"Either Luca appears at my front door tonight, or I'll be driving myself!" She pushed herself from the counter casually making her way by him smiling to herself hearing him follow suit.

"That so?" He called out watching her scurry around the bedroom clearly pretending to tidy up the already tidy space.

"Yes Salvatore, that is so. I'm more than happy to negotiate the other factors on the table except for Luca." She stopped at the bed casually sitting down folding one leg over the other.

"Other factors? There are no other factors Adriana, I agree with everything besides Luca. I don't believe you have anything further to offer me at this stage." He stalked closer towards her, "you need to tighten up those negotiation skills baby."

She beckoned him with her index finger inviting him to come closer. She uncrossed her legs allowing him to stand in the gap between them. Tilting her head upwards she whispered, "I'll let you take me to your place after dinner."

"You would've let me either way," he chuckled flirtatiously watching her shake her head in disagreement.

"Give Luca a chance Salvo and I'll give you one."

"Is that an ultimatum?" He hooked his arms down and under her thighs swiftly flipping her onto her back. A cry of surprise escaping her lips as he shoved her further upwards grinding his pelvis into her.
"Hey baby? Is it?"

"No..." She breathed feeling out of breath. "But it'll get you where you want to be with me sooner rather than later."
She felt his hands leave her thighs travelling up her arms pinning them over her head.

"Yeah?" He breathed, his lips now at the crook of her neck. He teasingly took her earlobe between his teeth while her legs instinctively began to wrap themselves around his lower torso.

"Yes." Turning her head to be face to face with him, their lips only inches apart. "Give Luca another chance, stop seeing Elena and let's try and be together Salvo."

_______________✏

Happy bonus chapter day!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

Seems as though little Miss Adriana Di Dio is currently not allowing Mister Abandonato to have full control over her life... What do we all this about that?

What do you guys think? Well he falter and give her what she wants?

I know this chapter was particularly short, but bonus chapter nonetheless! I wanted to show you guys a little playful time between the pair - something a little light hearted and calming!

If you guys didn't know Claudia, Francesco and Giovanna have a story now! 

Silent Whispers

You can find chapter one out now on my profile!

Don't forget to show your support by commenting and voting x