~Chapter 53~

Chapter Song

New Rules – Dua Lipa

_______________✏

"Lying little whõrë" Salvatore continued to mutter as they stepped back through the penthouse doors. "I'm sick of her bűllshït, I truly am!"

He had been speaking nonstop since the incident, especially the drive all the way home while Stefano awkwardly attempted to get them home in record time while pretending he wasn't listening to his boss's unstoppable rantings. Adriana hadn't even been able to get a word in.

Shutting the door behind him, Salvatore was relieved to be home with his supportive girlfriend and out of the office away from the snake in the grass, Elena Buontempo.

He watched as Adriana walked silently through the entrance only just realizing it had been a good while since she had even said a word. He had been too worked up after their very abrupt exit.

Opening his mouth to call out to her he stopped himself noticing she had picked up something along the way. A square cut crystal bowl he kept on the glass entrance table for guests to store their keys.

"How much is this?" Adriana asked suddenly breaking her silent drought. Her tone seeming genuinely interested as she studied the empty bowl keeping her focus on the object, her back still facing Salvatore.

"Not sure..."

"Crystal right?"

Not waiting for a response with a casual flick of the wrist the crystal came crashing down to the floor smashing into pieces flying all across the room.

"What the-?"

Before he was even able to finish his sentence or even comprehend what had just happened, he noticed his girlfriend now fully facing him with a decorative floor vase between her hands.

"How about this?" She demanded, "how much is it?" The look of impatience now evidently setting in.

"A couple of grand... Adriana what's-"

SMASH!

Once again, the object hitting the ground but this time at full force placing any doubt that if the first time had been an accident, the second sure wasn't.

"You lying piece of shït!" Adriana seethed clenching her teeth together in sheer rage. She stalked around her surrounding area looking for her next prey and finding it in the form of a glass sculpture with different shades of blue and a touch of violent with tiny glass bubbles within.

"How much is this?" Holding the sculpture up high now she was screaming and certainly not holding anything in like she clearly had been the entire car ride back.

"Ade... Baby... We can talk-"

"I. Said. How. Much?" Taking a stride towards him with each word she possessed a very worrying look in her eyes.

"It's very expensive baby. My mo-"

Raising the sculpture above her head with her right hand, with one swift movement she purposefully smashed the majestic looking glass into the floor, the shards now joining with the others.

"What the fűck?!" Jumping back in absolute shock, he didn't see that one coming. She was so close to him, the glass easily could have cut them both.

"That was from my mother!" He revealed, "Especially made by Venetian glass blowers!"

"Well why don't we fűckïng call her then?" Adriana challenged walking over some tiny crushed glass beneath her. "Explain to her how your precious Venetian sculpture found its fate?"