~Chapter 5~

Chapter Song

End of Me - Ashes Remain

  _______________✏  

Salvatore stumbled up the dark staircase, a light flickering in and out interrupting his focus. He muttered something incoherent under his breath as he gripped onto railing hoisting himself further up to his destination.

As the floorboards creaked beneath his feet he could not help but think why someone would live in such a dump of an apartment complex. A thought which entered his mind every time he walked up these same stairs.

He made his way in front of a door studying the crooked numbers as his right fist clenched bringing it up to bang vigorously on the door at this unruly hour.
He stopped for a moment only to listen in as he pressed up against the door. "Open up" he called out without any consideration bringing his fist back up to commence more pounding but being cut short by the door flying wide open.

"Jesus!" Elena gasped at the sight of him; she hadn't even bothered to close her black silk robe answering the door in her underwear.

"Da fũck are you wearing?" He groaned pushing himself by her and into the apartment. He heard the door slam shut behind him. He turned to see Elena had yet to move a muscle. She was standing by the door, robe still open revealing her matching baby doll camisole with her hands on her hips.
It was clear that she frequently spent all her money on looking good but had no care in the world about the dump she slept in at night.

"You never called me back!" She spat angrily furrowing her eyebrows together very unimpressed. Turning up unannounced after ignoring her seemed to be his specialty.

"Busy," he shrugged his jacket off his shoulders allowing it to fall to the ground as Elena took a step towards him. He reached for the bottle of scotch on the small glass table to the side of her couch pouring himself a generous amount before throwing it down the back of his throat.

"Please..." Elena began, "help yourself..." She rolled her eyes at him aware he was not paying any attention. "I heard your father di-"

"Shut up!" He cut her off instantly taking a long stride towards her grabbing her by the wrist roughly. "Don't fũcking talk about him" his hot breath fanning her face as he pulled her against him.

She could smell hard liquor, cigarettes, cigars and God knows whatever else he had shoved down his throat in the last few hours to relieve his pain. He never wanted to talk to her about anything important or meaningful, she knew why he was here and it suited her life just fine.
Elena had no interest in discussing his pain.

Everybody dies.

She thought bitterly releasing herself from his grip with a hard yank before taking his tie within her fingertips. She rubbed the silk tie between her fingers playfully before taking a firmer grip pulling hard forcing his lips towards hers.
To her surprise he pulled back away from her, she took the center of her bottom lip between her teeth seductively, instantly turned on by his resistance.

I'll play...

She let one hand slide up to touch his face, cupping his jaw briefly before he flinched away from her.

"Hands and knees" his instructions coming out very direct and blunt. He kept his eyes on her shocked expression while he reached down to unbuckle his pants letting them drop to the floor, his hands moving to the knot of his tie loosening it.

"Should we move to the bedroom?" Elena queried in a small voice as she watched Salvatore reach for another large shot of scotch downing even more of the alcohol. "I think you've had enough."