~Chapter 33~

Important Authors Note at the end!

_______________✏

Chapter Song

All the rowboats – Regina Spektor

_______________✏

With her heels planted firmly into the ground her fingers gripped the locked drawer. Moving the drawer left and right wiggling it about in desperate hope the locking mechanism would fail releasing the drawer open. It was farfetched, but all she had going for her.
Without such luck, she reached up into her course hair sprayed bleached hair releasing a bobby pin bringing it to her lips.
Biting the end of pin to remove the small oval plastic covering she smiled to herself proudly before bending it back and inserting it into the lock.

There has to be something in here.

She thought to herself hopeful. The first two drawers of the desk were left unlocked and filled with useless items such as pens, pencils, a dark stained wooden box of Cuban cigars and two personalised lighters, one silver and one gold with the initials S.A on one side and what looked like a religious engraved image of the Madonna praying with a giant cross beside her on the other.

He wouldn't lock this drawer unless he's hiding somethi-

The office door opened abruptly behind to her right interrupting her thoughts leaving her in shock as she dropped the pin to the ground quickly leaning back into the desk chair spinning around to face a confused looking Matteo.

"Matteo!" She smiled at him trying to defer from the fact that she had just been caught with her fingers in the cookie jar. But in this case it was her bobby pin in her boss's private drawer, a crime far more punishable if she didn't play it cool.

"Elena..." He raised an eyebrow letting the door shut behind him. "What are you doing in here?" His eyes scanning the room slowly.

Leaning back into the chair she continued to smile through the beginning of what she imagined was going to be quite an interrogation. She flicked her hair behind her then ran her fingers through her hair pretending to fix her appearance remaining totally unfazed.
"You know how it is Matteo..." She chuckled to herself taking all of her hair and pushing it to one side letting it loose over her left shoulder leaving her right completely bare. "If you want something done right, you've got to do it yourself! I'm sure you can relate."

"I can..." He admitted taking a cautious step towards her. "But what are you doing here..."

"Well it's just typical of Stephanie you know..." She waved her hands about dramatically. "Just two weeks ago she asked me for more responsibilities, you know? Wants to step up and all, entertain higher class clients, even mentioned I should trust her setting up the private rooms every now and then. So you know, naturally as a leader I thought I'd start out basic, ask her to update the first aid kit at the bar." She rolled her eyes and let out a frustrated breath of air putting on her best work. "So I've been walking around all day in these new heels." Pointing down at her white pumps she watched Matteo look down at them seeming a little more relaxed as the story went on.
"I'm sure as a married man you understand ladies and new heels right? They can hurt like a bĩtch until you wear those puppies in..."

"Ohhh kaaaay..." His response a little confused, Elena was losing him. "I guess?"

"Well anyways!" She giggled innocently, "these puppies have given me blisters, so obviously I walk over to the bar and what do you know?"