Chapter 53 - Daniel's Enigma

A/N: Dedicated to cn3433 for that lovely banner. I LOVE it. You made it with Danny and Tina's pics so I really appreciate it. ^_^

___________________________________________________

Chapter 53 – Daniel's Enigma

       "Uuugh..." Kristina collapsed on her bed. She just got home a few minutes ago after an exhausting day at the mall. Ella actually begged her and Daniella to accompany her again because she said she needed to relieve stress or something.

     The whole day, they window-shopped and bought a few things. When they took a small break, Ella told her best friends all about what transpired at her house during New Year's. Kristina and Daniella just quietly listened and followed Ella wherever she went even though she was practically pacing back and forth from floor to floor. They could tell she was really out of it.

      To think that they started their shopping trip at one in the afternoon and ended nine in the evening. They didn't realize the time because Ella and Daniella were so engrossed in the new boutique that opened in the mall. Kristina could just quietly groan and follow them around like a lost child.

     She stretched a bit before kicking her shoes off. She didn't have the strength to change into her pyjamas anymore. She just wanted to sleep. Kristina became quiet again when she remembered Daniel. What could he be doing right now? Only one whole day passed by but she already missed him. Her cheeks turned red with the thought. Again, she groaned and slammed her face on the pillow. Why was she still in denial when they were already in a relationship? She was restless.

     Her pocket began to vibrate and she groaned against her pillow and grudgingly took her phone from her pocket, thinking it was Ella. She pressed answer and yawned before weakly speaking. "Hello..?"

     There was no answer. She sighed and asked again. "Hello? Who's calling?"

     Again, no answer. Irritated, she unintentionally raised her voice. "Speak up! I'm already tired and sleepy and I'm gonna pass out any moment now!"

       "Poopy?" Daniel supressed his chuckling from the other line. Recognizing his voice, Kristina sat up immediately. Her sleepiness somehow disappeared.

       "Daniel? Butthead?" she said quickly. She checked her phone to make sure and true enough, Daniel's contact name 'Sir Peanut Butter' flashed on her screen. A smile slowly tugged up her lips and she felt her heart flutter. "How are you? Where are you?"

       "I'm alright. I thought you were tired and sleepy and gonna pass out in any moment? What's got you excited? Miss me already?" he playfully replied. Kristina's eye twitched and didn't comment. He was right. She did miss him. But she will not admit it. Clenching the phone, she felt her cheeks heat up again. She heard Daniel laugh too. "This sucks. I can still tease you but I can't see your blushing face. Hey, send me a picture of you right now."

       "Are you an idiot?!" she exclaimed, embarrassed. "Did you call just to say that?! I'll hit you!" Kristina stopped when she realized what she just said. No... that wasn't what she wanted to say. She internally groaned. Why can't she sound like a caring girlfriend for once? She took back what she said immediately. "I-I mean..."

       "Sure." Daniel said, making her a bit surprised and suspicious. She wondered if he was just being sarcastic or not. "Hit me. Come here and hit me as much as you want."