Chapter 18 - Daniel, The Life Guard

Author's Note: This chap's a bit longer than usual. Enjoy! lol. =)))

____________________________________________________________

   "Whoooaa..." Kristina gasped right after she climbed up a large rock, having a clear view of the beautiful landscape of the beach. "It's the ocean!" She happily yelled with sparkling eyes. Her reaction seemed as if it was her first time seeing the beach. Ella, Daniel and some other girls were far behind her; she was too excited that she already got ahead of them.

    "So hooot," Samantha fanned her face with her hand. Ella beside her wiped the sweat off her forehead and smiled. "Tina was actually looking forward to this trip... She looks so happy."

    "Hey guys!" Kristina waved her hands from afar. "Hurry up! You gotta see this! The view is amazing!"

  Her friends just sighed and laughed. Daniel was carrying a small backpack. He silently followed the girls behind and did a lot of thinking. Despite knowing Kristopher's ridiculous plan to "steal Kristina away and make her fall in love him," he was still a bit worried. "What is that idiot really planning to do?" He wondered.

  After the group of friends arrived at the small hut they rented, they immediately collapsed to the floor. The space inside wasn't that spacious, but they all fit inside without feeling like sardines inside a can. "I'm so tired! My feet hurt!" Ella wailed.

    "You were the one who suggested we walk the beach from the bus station," Trisha said.

    "But I didn't think it would be this hot!"

    "Face it Ella, you never think before doing things." Amanda patted her friend's back. Ella groaned while all the girls laughed. Daniel was standing beside the door, still looking a bit dazed. He searched the area for Kristina, and found her standing in the corner of the room, gazing at the ocean from the window.

  She wore a white blouse with a few buttons on it, a beige short, and a pair of flip-flops. Her hair fell down on her shoulders, revealing her soft and natural wavy hair. She had a small smile on her face as the wind passed by. Usually, she'd just put on whatever piece of cloth she'd find in her wardrobe, but her mom insisted her on wearing that outfit. Kristina looked like a real live doll.

  Ella looked at Daniel, who was staring blankly at her best friend by the window. She giggled and called him. "Hey Daniel! Take a picture, it'll last longer!" Shara, Amanda, Trisha and the other girls laughed again and teased him when he actually looked surprised at his own actions; he didn't realize he was staring at her for that long.

    "But Tina, you really do look adorable!" Trisha grinned. Kristina shyly smiled at her compliment.

    "Um... Thank you?"

    "I can't wait to see you in your swimsuit! I still can't believe you actually came with us this time! It's gonna be so much fun!" Shara squealed. Amanda held her stomach and groaned. "I'm not confident with what I'm gonna wear today. I put on some weight... And I think I've lost my figure!"

  Cassey laughed. "Oh please! Don't get all dramatic over your body. Me, on the other hand, improved!" She proudly stretched her arms and showed it to her girl friends. "My chest got bigger!"

  As the girls continued chattering, Daniel just sighed and stood quietly at the corner. He couldn't take his eyes off Kristina for a second, and he noticed her looking a bit uncomfortable with their subject.

    "Waaah," Cleo blushed. "I'm flat as a board..."

    "What about me?! I don't have the slightest curve on my body!"