Chapter 10 - The Intruder

Kristina had finally finished copying her notes. She checked her watch; it was a quarter to four, and she knew she had to hurry home to help her mom with the chores. Fixing her notes on her desk, she felt a bit hesitant to walk out of the empty classroom. Kristina knew that that mischievous Daniel had something in store for her when she gets back home.

 After a while, she left the classroom and walked through the wide and empty hallways. Each step she took echoed and she began to wonder why all of the students have already left. "Might as well check if there's still anyone goofing around here," she thought. So Kristina went forward and checked all the classrooms. None. Everybody went back home. She decided to stop by the Principal's office to drop off the monthly report of the student council. She knocked on the door. "May I come in?" she politely asked.

  Before she could even twist the knob, somebody on the other side of the door twisted it. "The principal's out right now but you could leave a message." A familiar voice started to speak. When Kristina looked up to see who was talking, she was surprised to see the boy whom she bumped into earlier. "You!" He laughed.

    "What are you doing here?" Kristina looked suspicious. She forcefully opened the door and entered as if it was her own room. "This office is off-limits to students. Um... Who are you again?" she dropped her monthly report on the Principal's desk.

    "Me? You seriously don't know me?" he grinned. Kristina got annoyed.

    "If I already knew who you are, do you think I'd still be asking?" Kristina folded her arms.

The boy looked like he didn't believe Kristina. "Oh, but I know who you are, Ms. President."

    "I don't have time to play around. Look, just lock the door and go home, it's getting late," she glanced at her wrist watch. Shoot! It's already 5:00?!

    "Then I'm off!" she dashed outside.

    "I--" the boy wanted to say more, but Kristina already left. "Seriously, that girl. This might be fun." he chuckled.

                           ~'*'~'*'~'*'~'*~'*'~'*'~'*'~'*~'*'~'*'~'*'~'*~'*'~'*'~'*'~'*~'*'~'*'~'*'~'*~'*'~'*'~'*'~'*

    "I'm back!" Kristina slammed the door close and left her dirty shoes on the doorstep. She went to the living room and looked for her parents. "Mom?"

    "Oh! You're back!" Lizzy had a surprised look on her face. She put down her tea and ran towards Kristina to give her a hug.

    "Um... Didn't you hear me come in? And what's up? Why are you hugging me?"

    "Nothing!" her mother smiled cheerfully. "I'm just OH SO HAPPY! Hihihi." Lizzy wore a pair of new clothes: a purple blouse and a long beige skirt. Her pearl necklace certainly added accent to her clothes, and her purple stilettos matched her blouse.

    "Mom," Kristina gently pushed her mom away. "Seriously. What did you do this time?" she eyed her suspiciously.

    "Hmm... I wonder what?" Lizzy giggled and skipped towards the coffee table.

  Kristina didn't trust her mother. She was up to something; something not good. She took the bun off her hair and brushed the soft locks as it fell down on her shoulders. Kristina also untied her ribbon as she approached the dining room. Just when she was about to go to the fridge to get some refreshments, she spotted the devil casually sitting down on the dining table, devouring a delicious looking piece of chocolate cake. Before Daniel could even notice Kristina enter the area, she ran back to her mom.

    "Mom!" Kristina was glaring at her mother. "What is he doing here?!"

    "What?" her mom batted her eyelashes and smiled with an innocent look. "Oh, you mean Danny? He's just visiting... I think? Teehee."