Chapter 37 - Kristopher's Apology

Kristina's eyes widened when she heard the seriousness in Daniella's voice. Even from afar, she could see her friend's tremulous knees, and she was pinching her arm again. Yet, her face was as calm and mature as ever. So she was also wearing a mask, same as Kristopher. And t'was about to fall off.

      Kristina looked at Ella with a questioning face. Ella just grinned and shrugged her shoulders. She slapped Daniel's back and laughed like a drunkard. "GOOD JOB ACE! HAHAHA!"

      Daniel almost lost his balance. That girl had brute strength too-- no wonder she's Kristina's best friend. He sighed and glanced at the two people sitting opposite of each other, carrying a heavy atmosphere against their shoulders. "Is that a mute contest or what." Daniel muttered annoyingly.

        "Yo Anne!" Ella suddenly called out, which earned startled expressions from everybody present. "Tina, Daniel and I are going down for a bit. You two behave alright? Good luck!!!" Then she grabbed both of Kristina and Daniel's hands and dashed down the stairs as if their life depended on it.

       "E-ELLA!!!" Kristina yelled. "What are you scheming this time?!"

     They reached the bottom floor and stopped. "I didn't scheme anything. I just helped. That's all."

       "Suuure," Kristina rolled her eyes in annoyance. "Why'd you leave those two alone?!"

       "Well, because that's the plan."

       "What plan?!"

       "Gee, you ask too many questions." Ella covered her ears.

       "ELLA! I don't trust that octopus-head alone with Anne y'know?!"

     Daniel walked closer to her, wrapped his arms around her mouth and squeezed her. She muffled irritated screams but Daniel didn't move one bit. "Just leave those two alone. They're trying to solve their own problem."

       "Exactly!" Ella chirped upon teasing Kristina's helpless face.

     She finally freed her face from Daniel but his arm was still around her neck. "I get it, I get it! Just let me go you butthead!" She hit his arm and struggled.

     Daniel pulled her closer to his chest and started to walk away from Ella, and he was dragging Kristina with him. "Hmm. No. We have our own problem to fix."

       "What problem?!"

       "The what happened last night problem."

     Kristina froze and abruptly looked back at Ella and pleaded with her eyes. Her bestfriend chortled and waved them an airy hand. "Good luck with Tina, Daniel!"

     Back at the roof top, it was still as quiet when the three left. Daniella kept staring down on her shoes while Kristopher was getting clearly irritated. He broke the silence and startled the girl. "Why aren't you talking? Stop wasting my time, I have more important things to do."

     Hearing that, Daniella was surprised by his sudden change of attitude. And with her personality, she bit back, also irritated. "Like what? Reading Dark Magician?"

     Kristopher was caught off-guard. He stared at her for a few seconds; her face was really serious and he could almost see the large vein throbbing on her forehead. He grinned. "Maybe." He felt a mixture of excitement and anxiety. Just what was Daniella going to talk to him about?

     Daniella sighed and tried to stay calm. She bit her lip and never took her eyes off the boy. "Fine. I'll make this quick. Seeing that you don't like wasting time, as if you don't do it yourself," she muttered under her voice before clearing her throat. "I want to hear your apology."