Chapter 28 - Payback

Kristina got up early the next morning with a wide grin on her face. She took a quick bath, got dressed and went downstairs to have breakfast. "Good morning mom!" she said cheerfully.

     Lizzy stopped and stared at her daughter happily eating her stack of pancakes. Was this girl in a good mood? She questioned herself. "Honey? Are you okay?"

       "I'm great!" she exclaimed. Her feet tingled with excitement. Finally. Finally, Today was going to be awesome. Daniel was going to be her pet starting today. After that incident last night, they were surprised to see Daniella and Ella scream and laugh hysterically on the floor after she told Daniel to be her pet for the entire school year.

     After getting busted, they both ran outside. Kristopher stared at them blankly and then went out and followed the two crazy girls. Ella told Lizzy about all of these, and she took an immediate liking to Daniella. These three were going to get along perfectly.

       "I see," Lizzy laughed. "Well, Daniel should be arriving any--"

     The doorbell rang, interrupting Lizzy's speech. "Oh. He's here. I'll go get it."

       "No mom!" Kristina stopped her. Her mother peered over her shoulder and asked, "Why?"

     Kristina grinned. "He'll come in himself."

     True enough, a few seconds later, Daniel entered the dining room wearing a slightly cautious face. Lizzy smiled and left the kids alone knowing that Kristina was looking forward to this. "Good morning."

       "Good morning, Scooby!"

     Daniel narrowed his eyes. "Scooby?"

       "Yes. From now on, you're Scooby, the dog. MY dog. You'll fetch if I say so, sit if I say so, and play dead if I say so. Or even, just die, if I say so." She said.

     He groaned inside his head. He immediately regretted what he said last night. After thinking about it, he thought he looked like a loser. He said all those things to her. He thought it was lame. Why was he so afraid of her getting angry at him? Of course, he was used to it, but last night was different.

       "Sure," he sighed.

       "And!" she added enthusiastically. "You should act exactly like a dog whenever you see me or Ella! You should also bark and stick your tongue out and whatever it is dogs do."

       "..." Daniel was speechless. She was too excited about this. He decided to crush Daniella's face later. He wasn't one to break his promises, so he nodded his head at Kristina's demands.

     After eating, Kristina took her bag and threw it at Daniel. "You carry it. Mom! We're leaving!"

       "Bye Aunt Lizzy," Daniel muttered. Elizabeth sprinted down the stairs and bid them both good bye. After they left, she immediately texted Ella.

| Danny's really acting like her pet! So cute!

| Really?!

     She dreamily sighed and went back to her chores. Outside the house, Kristina halted in front of Daniel's car. "Wait!"

       "What?" he asked, still holding her bag. She quickly walked towards him and unzipped her bag. She took something inside that made Daniel's face drain in color.

       "You're not serious..."

       "Oh I am," she grinned wickedly. She stretched the green dog-collar in front of his face and couldn't help chuckling. "Hold still, Scooby."