Chapter 25 - Denial

The room was filled with momentary silence as Kristina shook hands with the new girl. Ella's jaw dropped and their nosy classmates began gossiping again. Daniella was slightly surprised with the president's greeting. She lit up and smiled, gripping Kristina's hand tighter.

       "Oh! I see," she shook her hand real-quick. "So you're the infamous Poopy!"

       "E-Eh?" Kristina muttered, giving a quick glare at Daniel. She politely took her hand back and grinned at her. "Well, I don't know what that idiot's been saying about me, but they aren't true."

       "How would you know?" she asked, her tone showed a hint of teasing.

     Kristina shrugged her shoulders. Why was this girl teasing her now? Didn't she just introduce herself as his fiance? "Forget it. Urn, Daniella--"

       "Call me Anne," she corrected.

       "Right," she sighed. "You can sit at Daniel's right. I'll show you around school later--"

       "I want Danny to show me around!"

       "Anne," Daniel interrupted their little argument. He gave her an intense stare and then an apologetic look at Kristina. "Just listen to what the president says."

     Daniella giggled and smiled cheerfully, "Okay!"

     Confusion began stirring Kristina's mind. She didn't get this girl. When the new girl went to her seat, Kristina sat down as well. Ella was processing the quick events that had just happened. And as usual, she made a plan. It was her and Lizzy's mission to get Kristina and Daniel together, but with the new players in the game, namely: Kristopher and Daniella, this was going to be tricky. She had to tell Lizzy about this later.

     Ms. Stanford began her lesson in Greek Literature, nobody was paying attention. Daniella was jotting down notes, her concentration was fully occupied. Daniel was deliberately reading his comic book, Kristina was writing some things in her record book, Ella was thinking of a new plan, Sean was staring at Daniella like an idiot and the rest of the class kept observing the three people in front of them.

     A few chairs behind, Kristopher was also staring, he tried to avert his eyes but he couldn't. It was at least three years since he's last seen his childhood sweetheart. It wasn't a lie, he still loves her, and now that she's here, he was more than happy. But the reason for her being here in the first place, it slightly broke his heart.

     Those three years he spent on building his career and making a name for himself, it was all for her. Just her. Why couldn't she notice him? Why does she keep clinging to Daniel? What does he have that he doesn't? Kristopher also couldn't hate him. Daniel used to be his only friend, his best friend. It was all too complicated, too confusing.

     He glanced at Kristiina, she was scribbling furiously on her record book. That wasn't a rare sight, so he wasn't surprised. Didn't she feel jealous? Another girl just marched in and claimed herself as her fiance's fiancee. Why did she even let her sit beside him? Does she really not care about him?

     He thought about his actions. He loved to tease her, her expressions were always so interesting and adorable, he knew Daniel thought like that too, but he kept denying it. The only reason why he continued bothering Kristina wasn't because he wanted to "make her fall in love with him," like what he said to Daniel. He was simply trying to irritate him.

     He didn't plan on going this far though, so why did he continue? He questioned himself. That wasn't part of the plan. This wasn't good. In the end, he might be the one who's going to fall for her instead. But why now? Daniella's probably not going to talk to him after what he did-- that cruel thing he told her when he left the mansion for his acting career.