Chapter 6 - The Hundred Kisses

A/N: Dedicated to infinityweird for such a cute banner! Thank you! ^_^

.......................................................................................................

     Daniel pulled Kristina away and headed towards the real festival outside the gym as Ella had instructed them to do. "W-Wait!" Kristina tried to stop Daniel from walking too fast. "Slow down!"

  Daniel smiled all shy-like to himself as he recalled the memories of their childhood days. Kristina was chasing Daniel and she used to shout, "Peanut Butter, wait for me! No fair! No fair! You're too fast!"

    "Daniel!" she yelled. "You're so unfair... Walk slower would you? I'm having a hard time with these stupid high-heeled shoes."

    "Ah," he grinned, as he saw the resemblance of the past and the present Kristina. "Then shall I carry you like a princess?"

  She quickly made a stance as if she was getting ready for a fight. "Back off Romeo! You're messing with the wrong Juliet!"

  Daniel snorted and walked closer to her. "S-Stop! I'm warning you!" Kristina said. "You're gonna regret it!"

    "Ooh. I'm so scared," Daniel sarcastically replied. "I wonder what I'm gonna do with this shorty."

After hearing the word "shorty", Kristina immediately reacted. "Who are you calling shorty you butthead?!!!"

    "My, my," Daniel continued teasing. "Easily offended aren't we? Little girls should watch their tongue when speaking to guys. What if a guy will suddenly act hostile towards you? "

    "So what?!" Kristina was mad now. "I'll beat him up! And don't call me a little girl, you stupid pig!"

    "Hmm?" Daniel put both his hands on his pockets, looked at Kristina with his doe eyes and said, "What if I was that hostile guy? What if I do something to you right now?" He walked closer and closer to her, making her more and more uncomfortable. She took steps back. "Stay away!"

  As she took another step back, she accidentally stepped on her gown and almost fell on her butt. Daniel quickly saved her by grabbing her hand and holding her close him, the way he held her back at the gym. "You see? You're so defenseless."

  Kristina couldn't utter a single word. She was still paralyzed at the fact that Daniel, a boy, saved her. She had never been saved by a boy before, and she didn't want to be saved. Especially if it's a boy. "Let me go," she said.

    "Ha ha," Daniel put his face closer to hers. "Your face is red again."

Daniel's face was a centimeter away, and he was hugging her too. She couldn't help but recall the little incident earlier, when he kissed her at the dance. Twice.

    "W-We should go to the food stalls around here, let's not waste the prize money," she said with a straight face. "Now come on and let me go you baboon."

    "Meanie." Daniel muttered. "You sure you can walk? I can carry you if you want."

    "No thank you," Kristina wobbled towards the hotdog stall. "Mmm. I smell something good around here."

  After an hour, Daniel and Kristina ate at almost every food stall present within the festival. Kristina walked even funnier than before. Everytime she took a step, she would scream in her head. It totally hurt and her legs felt like jelly, all wiggly and unsteady. "Oh!" she cried. She pointed towards a bright area surrounded by many people. "Daniel, I wanna play that shooting game too."