Chapter 16 - Lizzy and Ella

"We're here! We're here! Yaay!" Ella laughed and clapped her hands like a child and Kristina beside her just groaned. Daniel pulled the breaks and took his seat belt off with a half-frown on his face.

  Ella jumped outside the car and skipped towards the entrance. Kristina and Daniel silently followed from the back, still not looking at each other. The awkwardness was too heavy to carry so Ella thought of another plan. She immediately grinned when she saw her partner in crime open the door.

    "Oh my! Ella! How are you dear?" Kristina's mom had a wide smile on.

    "I'm fine Aunt Liz! By the way, can I stay over tonight?" she asked.

    "W-What did you say?! Stay over?!" Kristina stepped inside the room and took her shoes off.

  Ella laughed. "Yeah! I just texted my mom. She said it was okay!"

    "Greeeat," Daniel also entered the room. "More noise."

    "Of course you can stay over! Ooh it'll be so much fun!" Lizzy also laughed. She and Ella began to chatter their way towards the living room and Kristina just stood there beside the door, open-mouthed. She groaned again and slapped her face.

    "I knew it. Mom and Ella... This is gonna be a long night."

    "Hey." Daniel walked in front of her.

    "What." They still couldn't look at each other.

    "Help me with dinner."

  Kristina's eyes were in perfect circles. She shook her expression off and said, "What about mom? Or dad? Aren't they cooking?"

  Daniel shrugged. "Your mom and your friend had weird grins on their faces when they told me to prepare the food and ask for your help."

    "Right," she replied, her energy drained immediately. "What are those two evil geniuses up to this time? Please, please, please--don't let them think of anything stupid to do." She thought.

  She followed Daniel in to the kitchen with her face on the floor, and Daniel's hands inside his pockets. But before they got there, they passed through the living room where her mom and Ella were happily chattering. They spotted the two and they giggled like little girls.

    "Have fun Tina!" Ella said.

    "Try not to burden Daniel with your cooking skills!" Her mom too.

  She hissed at them and then stomped her way towards the kitchen, where she found Daniel, already preparing the necessary ingredients he got from the fridge.

    "What are we cooking?" She asked, curious.

    "Curry." He replied upon washing the chopping board. "Here, you mince some of the vegetables and meat while I boil some water. You can do that, right?"

  Kristina grabbed the knife and excitedly pointed it at Daniel. "Of course I can! It's just mincing right?!"

 Daniel stared at her with a horrified look. "Alright. Just... Don't play with sharp objects."

  They began preparing dinner. After Daniel left the casserole boiling the water in the stove, he glanced at Kristina. She was furiously mincing the vegetables into tiny bits with a murderous intent in her eyes. He sighed, then went to the cabinet.

    "Strange..." He found an empty cabinet before him. "I'm sure this is where I left the first-aid kit before." Daniel closed it and then went to the other cupboards in the kitchen. It wasn't there.