Chapter 59 - Game Over

|Help me. Come here ASAP.|

     Daniel jumped out of his bed in a panic when he read Kristina's text. Just twenty minutes ago, he showed her to his guest room and offered her to stay for the night due to what happened at the party earlier that evening. He left her after that and advanced to his room to rest. It was a rather tiresome evening.

     But after receiving that short message, his tiredness seemed to disappear from his haggard face instantly, if that was even possible. What happened? What's the urgency? Was she alright? He sprinted out of his room and proceeded directly to where Kristina was resting at.

     He grabbed the knob and barged inside the room as if it were on fire. His eyes widened with what he saw—he found her dress half way up her head, her hair probably got stuck while she was taking it off. Her half-slip, stomach and bra were exposed. Daniel stared at the oh-so-lovely sight and quickly held his mouth to keep himself from laughing. So this was the big emergency.

       "Daniel? Butthead?" Kristina said in a muffled voice since her head was buried inside her red dress.

     He leaned his shoulder against the doorframe and couldn't keep himself from smiling and studying her current appearance. It was tempting and amusing all at the same time. "Yeah?"

       "Help me?" she said, sounding a bit ashamed and pitiful. She shifted her weight from the bed but she couldn't properly do so in that situation. She knew this must be one of the stupidest things she'd ever done in her life. And of all places for this to happen; it just had to be in her butthead boyfriend's house.

       "Help you?" Daniel repeated, amusement clearly present in his tone. "You want me to help you take your dress off?"

       "Don't say it like that." She snapped annoyingly. "My hair's stuck on the zipper. Who else am I going to ask help from? Hurry up stupid. It hurts!"

       "Fine," he let out a soft chuckle. He walked towards the side of the bed and unsurely held the seam of her dress. He pulled it up a little too quickly and earned himself a kick on the leg.

       "Ow!" he exclaimed. Kristina kicked him again and he hopped away without taking his hands off the dress. "What was that for?"

       "Don't pull it that way!" she complained. "Slow it down! Be gentler!"

       "What a way to say it," he mumbled, moving closer. Clearly understanding the deeper meaning to that statement, she attempted to kick him blindly again but he managed to dodge.

       "Just hurry it up," she grumbled.

     It seemed like an eternity of pulling, kicking, complaining and yelling, Daniel finally got the dress off her. She examined the zipper that held her head hostage a while ago and stared in horror at the amount of hair it practically ate. Nevertheless, she sighed in relief knowing that it was over. She fondled the back of her head. "Finally."

       "You look better without the dress," Daniel narrowed his eyes at her as he commented, smirking. He was sitting right beside her, resting his elbows on his legs and half-burying his face with his palm. Kristina slightly blushed but didn't feel as embarrassed as usual. She was getting used to these kinds of situations.

     She covered herself with a blanket and coughed the embarrassment out. She ignored his comment and quickly changed the topic. "Um. Can I use your shower?"

       "You have one in this room," he explained, showing her the door to the guest room's bathroom. Kristina lowered her head.

       "Umm..."