Chapter 20 - The Evil Genius

A/N: So sorry for the late upload! Internet connection's been crappy lately. Everybody, say BOOOO! To some of you who haven't ditched this story yet, THANK YOU SO MUCH! =)))

And sorry if this chapter's like a filler or something. ^^

___________________________________________________________________________

   A lot of commotion was going around since there was an expensive-looking limo parked right outside the cafe next to the school. Kristopher glamorously stepped outside from the vehicle, sending gasps and shrieks from the passing bystanders. A toothy grin crossed his face as he opened the door for Kristina.

    "Milady," he wagged his eyebrows as he made a gentleman-like bow. To his surprise, Daniel jumped out from the limo, accidentally hitting Kristopher and sent him staggering backward.

    "Oh," Daniel said in a cool tone. "My bad."

  He silently growled but kept a cheerful face. He couldn't make a scene out here in public. He walked past Daniel as if he never noticed his presence and then took Kristina's hand.

  She glared at her fiancé while giving Kristopher an apologetic smile. Don't get her wrong. She was just being polite because she was gonna get free food. Kung-Pao chicken at that.

    "Thanks," she mumbled. "But why did we have to ride a limo when the cafe is just a block away from school?"

    "For style, of course." He pulled Kristina inside the cafe while grinning to himself. Two of his bodyguards opened the glass door for them from inside and led the two to their table. Daniel, on the other hand, was just silently following from behind.

  The cafe wasn't that extravagant. It was quite ordinary actually. White and pink-striped wallpapers covered the walls, on the ceiling was a tiny chandelier, the chairs and tables were limited too. Nobody was inside except the staff and Kristopher's bodyguards. It looked like he rented the whole place just for today.

    "You rich bastard..." Kristina thought.

  They arrived at their table. Nothing special. It was a small round table with two chairs facing each other on opposite sides. Kristopher quickly pulled her chair and sat her down. Then he went to his seat and grinned cheerfully at her.

    "Um..." Kristina glanced at Daniel, who was standing beside her. "What about him?"

    "Who?" Kristopher ignored the question and called the waitress. "Miss! We shall take our lunch now." He went back to her and put his face on both of his hands like a maiden in love. "So Tinz!"

    "Urk." She spat. Her eyes shot daggers at him, saying 'don't call me Tinz or else I'll dump your body somewhere deep inside the woods.' She sighed and asked the waitress, "Can we get an extra chair, please?"

    "I'm sorry miss," she politely shook her head. "We are not allowed to touch the other chairs. Only two are available, and these are the seats you've taken."

  Kristina snapped her head at Kristopher, who was giving Daniel a smug look. "Seriously? Why?"

    "I don't know," he winked. She literally wanted to puke at his stupid face. She tugged Daniel's shirt and scooted over, making a little room for him on her chair. Daniel snorted.

    "No thanks."

    "C'mon. Why won't you just sit down? There's lots of space, look!"

    "Who said I wasn't gonna sit?" He grinned. Kristina thought he was gonna take her offer, but was surprised when he suddenly went on the opposite side of the table and sat on Kristopher's lap. The young celebrity's eyes were as wide as saucers. "See?" Daniel said as he made himself comfortable. "There's an empty chair right in front of you, why would I sit there?"