Chapter 57 - The Girls' Resolve

A/N: Dedicated to jannahferrer22 for the cuteee banner! :D

Oh look! An early update!

You guys are making me blush with all the death threats (wishing we'd die in a hole, get run over a two-decker bus, killing me slowly then torture me in the afterlife, beating the poop outta us etc etc.) you're giving me and my characters aaaaaw. I never knew my story awakened all the serial killers in you guys. *cries*

........................................................

     Kristina found it weird that Daniel didn't call her today. Not even a single text message from him at all. It was already past noon and she was sure he would've texted something stupid or outrageous by now. Maybe she was just overthinking and getting too worried over nothing?

     Their conversation on the phone last night was nice. He kept sending her messages of how he wanted to hang himself because of Chie. She just laughed. But today. Nothing from him at all. She thought he was busy so she waited for another few hours.

      Afternoon was pushing fast and she was still waiting. She actually texted him a few times already. She found it weird because usually he would reply after a few seconds, like he was anticipating her messages. She tried calling him, his phone was ringing but he wasn't picking up. She got worried. Did something bad possibly happen to him?

     She kept thinking about what he said last night, about the marriage interview with Mari. He told her to just trust him. She did trust him, but her worrying over him was inevitable. Startling her small daze, she felt her phone vibrate, signalling a new text message. She quickly swiped the lock open and was expecting Daniel's message but was completely disappointed when it was just Daniella.

     She sighed a bit before opening the text message.

|Damn shit Tina! Emergency! Something's happened back at London! Ella and I are coming over RIGHT NOW!|

     That single, exciting text message was enough to give Kristina a mini heart-attack. Something happened back at London? She imagined all the worst scenarios possible. Did an accident happen? Are they alright? Is Daniel fine? Is he alive?

       "Oh my God..." she bit her lip. What could have happened? Her heart was pounding in her chest and although it was cold in her room, her palms were sweating. In a matter of minutes, her best friends arrived wearing the same frantic faces.

       "Tina..." Daniella said breathlessly. It looked like she and Ella were panting. They must've rushed over immediately.

       "What happened to them? Are they alright?" Kristina quickly asked. She felt like she wanted to cry and scream. Ella rubbed her back in a soothing manner as Daniella pulled off her phone to read the message she got from her cousin a few moments ago.

       "We've already begun the marriage interview. There'll be a black-tie party next month to announce Danny-boy's and Top-Top's engagements. The attire will be formal. Hope you can make it Annie." Daniella read in a bemused tone. "Holy freaking pasta what the hell is going on!"

     Kristina stopped. At first she was relieved to find out they were alright, but another set of emotions attacked her mind when she heard about Daniel's 'engagement'. Clenching her fists and biting her cheek from time to time, she asked Anne. "Have you contacted Kristopher?"

       "Yes," she said, a sad expression crossing over her face. "But he hasn't replied since this morning. I tried calling him too..."

       "Same here," Kristina said. "Last time we talked was last night. Daniel didn't mention anything about a party."