Chapter 12 - Enter Annoying New Student #2

Beep! Beep!

    "Kristina, honey! Your husband's here!" Lizzy called in a happy tune. Kristina dragged her feet down the stairs and groaned at her mom. "Do. Not. Call. Him. My. Husband."

  She grabbed her backpack hanging on the coat rack and before going out, she eyed her mom. "Ever." She sighed as Lizzy let out an annoying, girly squeal. When Kristina went out of the house, she found Daniel, as usual, lazily laying his back against the wall beside the door.

    "Why, good morning, my wonderful fiancee who attempted to murder me last night." He smirked.

  Kristina hissed angrily at him and quickened her steps toward his car. "Do me a favor and don't talk to me at school," she sat on the front seat and slammed the car door close. Daniel laughed, and then entered the car as well. As he turned the engine on, he saw Kristina looking out of the window, trying hard not to make eye-contact with him. "Hey," he said.

    "What." Kristina coldly replied.

  Daniel just laughed again and stepped on the gas. "Nothing."

  When they arrived at school, they noticed a huge crowd outside the school gates. Reporters, camera men, spectators and paparazzi. "What's going on around here?" Kristina quickly stepped outside the car.

    "Dunno. Maybe someone famous entered the school," Daniel put his hands inside his pockets and began to walk beside Kristina.

    "Why would someone famous come here? Ah. Hurry up, we're gonna be late."

  Both of them went through the stampede of people, trying to get themselves through the gate. "Excuse me! Student coming through!" Kristina pushed her way in, but no one seemed to notice her. She squeezed in between two large men and tried to swim her way out of the crowd. "I'm really starting to hate crowds," she groaned.

    "That's 'cause you're short," Daniel easily slipped in and got through within a blink of an eye.

    "Go away," Kristina mumbled. At the exact same moment, the school bell rang and the crowd of people began to push harder, dragging her away like a tidal wave. "H-Hey!" she cried out when she found herself suffocating in the middle of the crowd. "Ow!" she yelped as someone's heel stepped on her foot.

  She turned her head left and right, searching for Daniel. "Ugh. He left me here to die..." she said. Just then, she noticed someone hold her hand.Kristina looked up and saw Daniel pulling her wrist and leading her away from the crowd. "Didn't you hear the bell? Move it, shorty." He joked.

    "Don't call me shorty!" she retorted, and then accidentally got hit by a large camera on her arm. "Oops. Didn't see you there kid!" A guy wearing a red cap and gladiator sunglasses said.

    "I'm not that short," she furiously muttered to herself. Suddenly, Daniel put his arm around her shoulder and covered her head with his hand. "Huh?" Kristina was shocked. He pushed their way through the large amount of people and later managed to get inside the school gates. Daniel let go of her at once and then casually put his hands inside his pockets.

    "T-Thanks..." Kristina stammered.

    "No problem," he replied.

  Kristina began to make haste with her steps as she and Daniel slid across the empty corridors. Their footsteps even echoed. They were late. Too late.

  When they entered the classroom, Ms. Stanford immediately stopped discussing as soon as she saw the two tardy students. The middle-aged woman looked at Kristina disapprovingly. "How nice of you two to join us. Kristina, you're the council president, being late yourself is setting a bad example."