Chapter-2

Last night in my New York trashy hotel room I hear a knock at the door to find a man in dark clothing waiting out side. He simply handed me the piece of paper and walked down the hallway out of sight.

I was expecting the address to be some secluded or abandoned place that no one would have heard of, instead I got the address to 'Volts' the number one night club right now in New York City. I assumed that is what Mr. McCoy was referring to when he told me to get a new dress and make up, which I spent the next morning purchasing.

Right now I am getting all dolled up for this evening, still having no idea what I am required to do, but assuming my new black dress and silver high heels is to blend in with the crowd.

I make to the outside of Volts to what I was expecting, a barricade of people waiting inline to go in. The vibration of the loud music coming from inside the club pumps through me as I try to see a familiar face. Starting to panic if they are expecting me to get into the club alone. But I calm myself down. For Jordan, I remind myself.

When I'm about to walk to the back of the line I feel a tap on my shoulder. I whirl around instantly and gulp when I see Mr. McCoy standing there in a new fine suit, smirking at me.

He doesn't wait a minute to snatch me up, looping an arm around my waist and walking to the front of the line. I nearly fall, trying to clumsily catch up with him in my heels. I feel awkward and uncomfortable with his arm around my waist, feeling like he some how owns me by this, which I hate.

Once at the entrance, a bouncer glances our way. He smiles politely when seeing Mr. McCoy and unhooks the rope as Mr. McCoy places a hand on my back and pushes me through the door.

It's a blaze of lights and sounds, trying to take it all in at once I don't notice Mr. McCoy leading me down a narrow hallway that is away from the main club. There are many doors we pass until he stops at one with the number 12 on it and looks down both ways of the hall before opening it and shoving me inside.

Nearly losing my footing I compose myself as he comes in calmly and closes the door behind him.

He turns around and I try not to glare at him as he gives me an inspection with his eyes, the tips of his thin lips tilting upwards at the edges." You do clean up very nicely Ms. Rhodes." He comments.

"What role am I taking in this plan of yours tonight?" I get straight to the point and he seems charmed by my determination of getting tonight over and done with. Getting to see my brother and giving him a swift hit in the head for getting in this mess to begin with.

"Since you seem so eager to begin." He says pulling out his phone from his back pocket. I see him type in some things and then points the screen in my direction." You task is to distract this gentleman tonight."

I inspect the photo, a face of a man that looks too good-looking to be real. Light brown hair, pale green eyes a jaw to angular to be made on earth and lips way fuller then Mr. McCoy's. I memorize the face the best I can before looking back at him.

"Do I get more information then this, height, age, name... how do I distract him?" I inquire and Mr. McCoy's face goes serious.

"Its simple enough, make sure he stays in the club." He says in an icy tone coming to stand mere inches from me, our faces nearly touching. He slowly lifts his hand to play with a brown curl of my natural hair." And use what ever means necessary."

He stays like that for a while, his eyes filled with wickedness borrowing into mine, like his stare latches onto my soul. And as if he is satisfied it has stuck he steps back, letting my curl bounce back onto the side of my forehead.